AXA Group is a world leader in financial protection. We support and advise our individual and corporate customers providing them with the products and services that meet their insurance, personal protection, savings and wealth management needs. As a worldwide leader, AXA is present in 64 countries with 4,300 employees in Belgium.
Our purpose is to empower people to live a better life. We make that possible embracing diversity and through our everyday values at work, which are: Customer First, Courage, Integrity and One AXA.
At AXA we realize the world is changing. We consciously choose to work more efficiently (New Way of working is part of our DNA), simply and digitally. For that reason we are investing in the training and development of our employees, in a culture of innovation, inclusion and trust.
The artificial intelligence team delivered its first successful cases in 2018, in the area of “decisional AI” and “computer vision”. You will be part of the first members of a growing team. The goal of the team is to use artificial intelligence technologies to automate our existing processes (“cognitive automation”), boost the productivity of our employees (“augmented employees”) and contribute to the creation of tomorrow’s products offer. You work on case studies with goal of putting into production within 3 to 6 months.
You work in the Innovation & Automation Technology Delivery team. This department aims to automate manual and cognitive processes as well as to propose innovative technological solutions to disrupt current processes.
You are a senior developer within the AI Innovation team, which uses artificial intelligence as part of new capabilities. You therefore work closely with the Innovation team. Your team creates use cases using new technologies (e.g. IoT, NLP for chatbots, Sentiment Analysis) that directly generate business value. You are involved in Proofs of Concept and are responsible for their industrialisation and production.
As a AI Innovation Developer, you:
- Like to question current processes and propose new technologies as a response;
- Want to participate at source in the technological transformation of AXA and to be a pioneer;
- Participate in a workshop with operational managers to identify potential candidates for the integration of IoT devices in their processes and what AI could bring them;
- Work with a Data Scientist on a model using Natural Language Processing in order to create Sentiment Analysis in a business process;
- Talk with a start-up specialising in Natural Language Processing, to understand how it could help us build a smart chatbot;
- With an architect create a plan for a new API that allows the integration of smart search in customer and broker front ends.
As an AI Innovation Developer, you have:
- A Master degree in IT or equivalent;
- Between 0 and 3 years of experience in IT (preferably in development);
- An in-depth and practical knowledge of Machine Learning and its current capabilities;
- Experience in developing full stack solutions;
- Very good knowledge of English (knowledge of French or Dutch is an asset).
And you are also:
- Capable of creating concrete solutions, no matter what obstacles there are;
- Analytical and able to solve complex problems;
- Able to develop at the intersection of business needs and the technicality of new technologies;
- Able to identify the best people to help you in your role;
- Pragmatic and used to delivering effective solutions quickly that meet the real needs of the business;
An exciting job with a focus on your talents, and on…
1. Our inclusive and diverse policy: See what we mean by ‘I can be me’.
2. Development and support: a welcome day, ‘Learning on the Job’ and a broad range of courses, focus on internal mobility, innovating and digital transformation projects.
3. Our ‘New Way of Working’: working independently, meeting all kinds of colleagues at your flexible workplace, working from home part time and organizing your day autonomously.
4. Your welfare, focused on prevention: through countless options for sports, our ergonomic office furniture, focus on healthy, delicious and varied lunches, check-ups, vaccinations, psychosocial support.
5. A salary package standing out in the market: Besides your gross salary you choose, according to your needs, from the attractive advantages in our cafeteria plan, and benefit from fully refunded commuting, discounts on our banking and insurance products. And of course, at AXA, you receive a competitive and extensive insurance package.