- Master’s degree with excellent academic record, from a top tier university
- 4 to 6 years of professional experience
- Outstanding analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, verbally and in writing
- Strong record of leadership in academic, professional, or extracurricular setting
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organisation
- Fluency in English together with fluency in either French or Dutch is mandatory
What you’ll do
You’ll work in teams of typically 3 – 5 consultants, playing an active role in all aspects of client engagement.
This includes gathering and analysing information, formulating and testing hypotheses, and developing and communicating recommendations. You’ll also have the opportunity to present results to client management and implement recommendations in collaboration with client team members.
Associates receive exceptional training as well as frequent coaching and mentoring from colleagues on their teams. This support includes a Partner from your local office or practice assigned to you to help guide your career as well as up to five weeks of formal training in your first two years as an Associate. Additionally, you’ll receive guidance and support from your local office or practice in the selection of client projects, helping you to develop your skills and build your network.
While all consultants develop specialized knowledge and a focused program as they progress with McKinsey, most are initially very broad in their focus, meaning they do not need specific industry or functional expertise to be successful. For consultants who join McKinsey as experienced professionals, this can mean building on previous knowledge or developing unique experience in an area that is completely new.
For all Associates, you will likely intersect with many elements of our firm’s work including Digital McKinsey, Implementation, and New Ventures – either by collaborating on teams or working with colleagues from these groups.