Big Data Engineer
Within the CDO office, AXA Belgium is looking for a Big Data Engineer to strengthen its teams.
Are you searching for a dynamic team of experts fueled by its “Start Up” feel and energy, and backed by a strong international company? Passionate about Big Data and ready to deploy leading edge big data and analytics solutions? Eager to work on new tools in Agile methods and deepen your tech knowledge?
In this case, you might be the Big Data Engineer we are looking for.
Tasks & responsibilities:
- You are responsible for the development and improvement of the production data pipelines
- You are responsible for data ingestion from various internal and external sources
- You take ownership of data transformation projects (datamarts optimized for BI Tools)
- You are responsible for externals developers code reviewing
- You collaborate with our data scientists, developers, data analysts and business experts.
- You display maturity and the ability to function independently.
To qualify for the role you must have:
- A Master in Computer Science, Engineering or any related field or equivalent by experience
- 2-5 years relevant devops and data wrangling experience in a (big) data environment
- Passionate about data solutions, big data, platform architecture
- Experience in big data Hadoop ecosystem: (with some of the component of the Hadoop ecosystem) Knowledge of Cloudera environment is a plus
- Storage: HDFS, MongoDB, SQL, Teradata, ElasticSearch, HBase
- Tools: Kafka, Flume, Sqoop, Docker, Hive, YARN, Impala
- Programming knowledge in Scala or/and Python
- Excellent knowledge of Spark
- Knowledge of continuous development/integration pipelines including rules to test/validate code (git, Jenkins, test framework)
- Experience working in or with a data team
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate those into technical components
- Hands on experience in the area of Enterprise Intelligence (e.g. Data Warehousing, Data Management, Business Intelligence, Analytics, Big Data ecosystem)
- Good communication skills
- Fluent in English (verbal & written)
AXA Group is the world leader in insurance and asset management. We protect and advise our clients at every step in their lives, by offering products and services which satisfy their needs in the areas of insurance, personal protection, saving and asset management. AXA is the leading insurance brand worldwide, with over 100 million clients. We are transforming from payer to partner for our client, with a strong focus on risk prevention.
Our mission? Empower people to live a better life.
Our values? Customer First, Courage, Integrity and One AXA.
AXA is market leader in the insurance sector in Belgium, with a strong presence in financial services as well. Did you also know that in Belgium nearly 3 million clients put their trust in us at all crucial moments in their lives? No matter what happens, we are always here for them, today and tomorrow! That is why we constantly reinvent ourselves and thus our Way of Working focuses on welfare, diversity and inclusion. And on your talents, on your experience. Discover what we mean.
What We Offer
An exciting job with a focus on your talents, and on…
- Our inclusive and diverse policy: See what we mean by ‘I can be me’.
- Development and support: a welcome day, ‘Learning on the Job’ and a broad range of courses, focus on internal mobility, innovating and digital transformation projects.
- Our ‘New Way of Working’: working independently, meeting all kinds of colleagues at your flexible workplace, working from home part time and organising your day autonomously.
- Your welfare, focused on prevention: through countless options for sports, our ergonomic office furniture, focus on healthy, delicious and varied lunches, check-ups, vaccinations, psychosocial support.
- A salary package standing out in the market: Besides your gross salary you choose, according to your needs, from the attractive advantages in our cafeteria plan, and benefit from fully refunded commuting, discounts on our banking and insurance products. And of course, at AXA, you receive a competitive and extensive insurance package.