Ready for an exciting journey @ AXA Group Operations? Do you feel the network vibes inside of you? Want to join our team with a Belgian, European and Worldwide network for you to deploy, manage and monitor? Like to automate boring stuff so you can free up time for the fun stuff? I’ve got a job for you as a Network Engineer!
The Network Engineer in the Network department is responsible for managing the Network for all AXA entities in Belgium and by extension the network components for the AXA Global Network and the datacenters of AXA Services around the globe. The scope of the function includes request and service level management, project-contribution as well as third party management.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Service change and incident request
- Analyse and implement change-requests in line with agreed service level
- Analyse, troubleshoot and solve incidents and problems in line with agreed service level
- Maintain and improve service level
- Implement continuous improvement tasks and perform capacity and availability management
- Manage patching and hardening of network components
- Support implementation of Audit and Security regulation improvements
- Expand and refresh the network
- Contribute to refresh-, improve-, standardization- and modernization-initiatives and projects
- Conduct proof of concepts, business-cases and conclude upon its business value
- Third party management
- Support outsourcing and offshoring of (new) workload-packages for installation and maintenance activities
- You have at least a Bachelor diploma and preferably 1 year of experience in an enterprise environment managing a complex (and international) network.
- You are fluent in English (speaking and writing). Dutch and/or French is a plus
- You are able to integrate your technical knowledge and skills in an environment that is highly regulated and subject to different ITIL based processes (Change Management, Incident Management, Problem Management , Asset Management, … )
- Your technical skills are:
- TCP/IP networking, routing, protocols (BGP, OSFP), security mechanisms (IpSec)
- Practical Experience with Cisco (Nexus), F5, Checkpoint and Riverbeb technology
- Integration of Private and Public Cloud Technology (IBM, BMLS, Azure, AWS,…)
- Monitoring Platforms /DNS/ DHCP administration
- You have experience in integration of services provided by local and global network providers in an entreprise network
- You have experience in outsourcing / offshoring of network activities including service quality follow-up.
- Considered as a plus : knowledge of scripting languages such as Powershell, Ruby or Python in order to develop automation or repetitive network tasks
- Customer-oriented and a team player
- Eager to learn new technologies
- Autonomous and open to change
- Prepared to work as well outside office hours (every 10 weeks approx.)
AXA Group is the world leader in insurance and asset management. We protect and advise our clients at every step in their lives, by offering products and services which satisfy their needs in the areas of insurance, personal protection, saving and asset management. AXA is the leading insurance brand worldwide, with over 100 million clients. We are transforming from payer to partner for our client, with a strong focus on risk prevention.
Our mission? Empower people to live a better life.
Our values? Customer First, Courage, Integrity and One AXA.
AXA is market leader in the insurance sector in Belgium, with a strong presence in financial services as well. Did you also know that in Belgium nearly 3 million clients put their trust in us at all crucial moments in their lives? No matter what happens, we are always here for them, today and tomorrow! That is why we constantly reinvent ourselves and thus our Way of Working focuses on welfare, diversity and inclusion. And on your talents, on your experience. Discover what we mean.
What We Offer
An exciting job with a focus on your talents: and on…
- Our inclusive and diverse policy: See what we mean by ‘I can be me’.
- Development and support: a welcome day, ‘Learning on the Job’ and a broad range of courses, focus on internal mobility, innovating and digital transformation projects.
- Our ‘New Way of Working’: working independently, meeting all kinds of colleagues at your flexible workplace, working from home part time and organising your day autonomously.
- Your welfare, focused on prevention: through countless options for sports, our ergonomic office furniture, focus on healthy, delicious and varied lunches, check-ups, vaccinations, psychosocial support.
- A salary package standing out in the market: Besides your gross salary you choose, according to your needs, from the attractive advantages in our cafeteria plan, and benefit from fully refunded commuting, discounts on our banking and insurance products. And of course, at AXA you receive a competitive and extensive insurance package.