Senior Java Developer
- Develop APIs and improve/fix existing APIs/Services;
- Think reusable assets when developing;
- Respect processes, standards & guidelines on across the software development life cycle (development, security and monitoring). Ensure that these processes, standards & guidelines are respected by spot checks of business projects deliverables, code review, enforced governance and institutionalized procedures;
- Participate in the AXA Java community to increase team’s skills : coaching, training, ad hoc support and troubleshooting on identified priorities;
- Support on harmonization/standardization of identified concerns and pain points (i.e. build management, configuration management, deployment management);
- Proactively identify improvements and propose solutions to leverage the development experience consensus of the whole Java Community, increasing their productivity and engagement.
As a Senior Java Developer, you have:
- A Master degree in IT or equivalent by experience;
- At least 6 years of JEE development experience, covering the whole SDLC;
- Strong experience in:
- Principles: Object Oriented Design, Web Services, SOA, AOP, ORM, REST, TDD, Mocking, Continuous Integration, Agile, SCRUM;
- Frameworks: Spring, Spring Batch, CXF, Hibernate, JAX-WS, JAX-RS, JAXB, Log4j;
- Tools: Ant, Maven, Eclipse, SoapUI, JUnit, WebLogic, Jenkins, Sonarqube, Artifactory, Git.
- Angular 6 experiences is a plus;
- Technics on Peer programming, coaching and code reviewing.
And you also are:
- Fluent in French/English or Dutch/English and preferably good knowledge of the second Belgian language;
- A strong communicator who can actively listen and adapt vocabulary in function of addressed public (requirement gathering, explain technical matters, …);
- A strong analytical person and you are able to create innovative solutions & visualize the whole content;
- Team player with a positive mindset;
- Respectful towards legacy and non-standard approaches, applications and procedures.
AXA Group is the world leader in insurance and asset management. We protect and advise our clients at every step in their lives, by offering products and services which satisfy their needs in the areas of insurance, personal protection, saving and asset management. AXA is the leading insurance brand worldwide, with over 100 million clients. We are transforming from payer to partner for our client, with a strong focus on risk prevention.
Our mission? Empower people to live a better life.
Our values? Customer First, Courage, Integrity and One AXA.
AXA is market leader in the insurance sector in Belgium, with a strong presence in financial services as well. Did you also know that in Belgium nearly 3 million clients put their trust in us at all crucial moments in their lives? No matter what happens, we are always here for them, today and tomorrow! That is why we constantly reinvent ourselves and thus our Way of Working focuses on welfare, diversity and inclusion. And on your talents, on your experience. Discover what we mean.
What We Offer
An exciting job with a focus on your talents, and on…
- Our inclusive and diverse policy: See what we mean by ‘I can be me’.
- Development and support: a welcome day, ‘Learning on the Job’ and a broad range of courses, focus on internal mobility, innovating and digital transformation projects.
- Our ‘New Way of Working’: working independently, meeting all kinds of colleagues at your flexible workplace, working from home part time and organising your day autonomously.
- Your welfare, focused on prevention: through countless options for sports, our ergonomic office furniture, focus on healthy, delicious and varied lunches, check-ups, vaccinations, psychosocial support.
- A salary package standing out in the market: Besides your gross salary you choose, according to your needs, from the attractive advantages in our cafeteria plan, and benefit from fully refunded commuting, discounts on our banking and insurance products. And of course, at AXA, you receive a competitive and extensive insurance package.