DevOps Software Engineer for CI/CD Infrastructure
We are offering you a challenging position at the BMW Group as a DevOps Software Engineer for CI/CD Infrastructure with the aim of designing and developing our state-of-the-art cloud-based continuous integration and delivery platform (CI/CD).
Our new CI platform forms the basis for software development for the central software logic of our future, highly automated BMW vehicles and for numerous other innovative and extensive embedded software projects of our next BMW vehicle generation. To enable our platform to fulfil this important mission, it must meet very high requirements in terms of availability, scalability, safety, security and quality.
Your work environment and main tasks:
- You will work in a team of software experts, undertaking constant specialist knowledge exchange regarding joint software development.
- In order to take account of the software requirements, you will be in continuous contact with our embedded software developers.
- Through close collaboration between software experts in the “IT/Cloud/Tools” and “Embedded Vehicle Software” areas, you will have a wide range of possibilities for knowledge exchange and further development.
- You will contribute your experience from software development and architecture, your creativity, curiosity and enthusiasm for technological challenges both in your new team and in working with adjacent software teams and interface partners.
- You will utilise your knowledge of system and software engineering as well as the IT automation of complex software systems in designing and setting up this continuous integration platform.
- You will work with state-of-the-art technologies such as OpenStack, OpenShift and Zuul.
- In addition, you will have the opportunity to participate in the selection of technologies and actively contribute to open source software projects.
Join us in designing the future of the successful BMW car software development and venture into “uncharted software development waters” with us.
- University degree in computer science or comparable qualification.
- In-depth experience in the field of software development and designing larger-scale software systems.
- Excellent knowledge of software build and CI/CD processes and technologies (e.g. Jenkins, Zuul, Travis CI).
- Good knowledge of dealing with cloud environments (e.g. OpenStack, OpenShift, Kubernetes), container systems (e.g. Docker), deployment technologies (e.g. Ansible, Chef, Puppet) and VCS systems (e.g. Git).
- Excellent knowledge of programming with Python and Bash in Unix/Linux and in the area of debugging and error analysis.
- Solid understanding of Unix/Linux operating systems.
- Very good English and German skills (or willingness to learn German).
- Experience in one or more of the following areas would be an advantage: monitoring systems (e.g. Prometheus, Grafana), high-availability systems, large-scale 24/7 production environments, safety standards (e.g. ISO 26262).