Company general information
TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation.
Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities,
Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
Team / division description
The advanced technology division is responsible for creating cutting edge technology breakthroughs which meet the future challenges of the automotive industry and brings a smile to our customers’ face. By combining in-house research activities with a wide research network across Europe, we conceive, incubate and test novel concepts in virtual and non-virtual environments before they are handed downstream towards future product development.
As part of the artificial intelligence & automated driving team you will be responsible for creating and integrating computer vision algorithms into our automated vehicles:
- You will conduct scientific research to create world-class computer vision and machine learning algorithms in collaboration with leading scientists
- You will work on the implementation & evaluation of algorithms for our highly sensorised experimental vehicles
- You will demonstrate cutting edge, real world applications from research-level algorithms
- You will identify requirements for real-world applications; propose & implement research strategy to achieve
- You will take care of publication & presentation of scientific results at relevant international conferences and forums
- You will visit top researchers in Europe/US/Japan to share research activity
- PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics or equivalent is an advantage
- On top of your PHD you have 2-4 years of experience and a strong interest in computer vision and machine learning
- Strong computer skills; experience in software/hardware interfaces is an asset
- Expert knowledge of C, C++, OpenCV
- Knowledge of TensorFlow, (Py)Torch, Caffe is an asset
- Knowledge of OpenCL, CUDA is an asset
- Flair for technology
- Good project management skills
- Good (documented) problem solving skills
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- You are willing to travel frequently (5-15%)
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you :
- wish to develop and you are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets.
- seek facts before making recommendations or decisions.
- have strong planning and organization skills
- enjoy working in a team, respecting others.
- have a creative mind and passion for cars.
- have excellent communication skills
Place of employment
Belgium – Brussels (Zaventem) : Toyota Motor Europe, Technical Centre
We offer a competitive salary and extra-legal benefits, training to enhance your continuous development.