Digital and Emerging Technology – Cloud Advisory Consultant – Senior Manager
With a broad understanding of the full lifecycle of our clients’ business, EY has the knowledge and experience to integrate cloud strategy where it makes the most impact. EY’s cloud solutions offer a balance of business, technology, and strategy. EY works with high profile clients across the region, working to solve some of their most challenging issues. As our practice continues to grow quickly, EY is actively investing in the latest cloud technology and talent. This is the perfect time to join and make your mark on significant cloud projects across a wide variety of industries, platforms, and technologies, and make a transformative impact on our clients’ business.
This is a leadership role guiding clients on their IT vision, strategy and roadmap as they embark on and build their cloud journey. Most of your time will be spent embedded with our clients’ team and we’ll look to you to provide them with a unique business perspective on how they must continue to innovate and remain competitive with cloud technologies in this ever-changing industry.
Your key responsibilities
Help clients to plan out their cloud journey. Establish the why, the what and the how of making the transition to the Cloud. Help establish the business case. Document the overall roadmap for change.
Provide guidance on key cloud decisions and how they will be made; which application in which Cloud in which service model via which migration approach.
Advise on establishing a cloud operating model including setting up a customer CoE, cloud operations, change management and governance.
Team with various EY groups with digital and cloud capabilities to pursue and deliver end-to-end digital engagements and enable solutions that will bring our client’s digital vision and strategy to life.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Bachelor’s degree ideally in technology (Business with MIS, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems)
- 10+ years of work experience in technology leadership roles at a consulting/professional services company, cloud provider or customer environment in Enterprise.
- Extensive experience of IT strategy and Enterprise Architecture and most recently in context of migrations to hybrid and public cloud.
- Experience using frameworks/methodologies to assess and recommend application migration approaches and cloud platform options.
- A broad technology track record that’s continually evolved across different platforms from on-prem to infrastructure and software as a service including back office, front office, database/middleware, virtualization, modern container-based approaches, microservices, API’s and serverless.
- Exceptional customer engagement, especially at C-level across both business and technology leadership. Ability to pivot from a technology to business/commercial discussion, identifying the business value of the shift to cloud and new business models enabled.
- Strong written and verbal communication for senior audiences.
- Confidence to lead meetings with client sponsors, management, and individual contributors.
- Availability for up to 80% travel in UK and Europe.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Relevant Enterprise Architecture Certifications in TOGAF, ITIL or similar.
- Relevant cloud Certifications with a major cloud provider such as Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect, AWS Cloud Practitioner, Google Professional Cloud Architect.
- Experience in governance and people/skills/culture change management associated with a typical cloud transformation project.
- Leading and inspiring teams (directly or indirectly) on key technologies and best practices.
- Engagement with Enterprise customers across multiple countries and industries in a broader region responsibility.
Other Skills and attributes for success
- Leading team members in the development of applicable methodologies, tools, approaches, points of view, thought leadership and accelerators to differentiate EY in the Cloud Technology market.
- Being proactive and driven to continually learn emerging technologies and business best practices.
- Developing long-term relationships and networks both internally and externally.
- Interacting and communicating effectively with teammates, clients, stakeholders, and executives.
- Being visible in the market to promote new ideas in your domain and the excellence in cloud advisory services offered by EY.