Team Lead Space Management
Type of contract: Fixed-term contract which may be converted into a permanent contract after three years subject to individual performance and organisational needs.
Who can apply: EU nationals
Salary: F/G band and benefits
Working time: Full-time
Place of work: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
You will be part of the Corporate Real Estate Management Section in the Premises Division of the Directorate General Administration. Our Section has some 20 highly qualified team members that provide all of the ECB’s owner, landlord and tenant services, such as managing the ECB’s lease contracts and strategic and operational space planning for buildings with a combined total floorplan area of more than 200,000m2. We are currently working on innovative space management concepts, such as activity-based-working, and enhancing our Planon and SAP IT tools.
In your role as a Team Lead Space Management, you will lead a supportive and professional team of seven to eight staff members responsible for providing services across mainly three buildings with a large number of workplaces, developing and implementing space management strategies and policies, and managing external service providers, including contract and performance management. You will work closely with all business areas and their management.
To further enhance the diversity of our team, we particularly encourage applications from female candidates.
As a Team Lead Space Management you will:
- manage the space management team of seven to eight staff members;
- develop and implement space management strategies and policies to support management in its medium and long-term premises planning;
- ensure the ECB has timely access to sufficient functional office space and workplaces, monitor the efficient use of space and determine space requirements where necessary;
- lead the improvement of space management processes and their translation into a format that can be included in the process handbook, governance framework and the Planoncomputer-aided facility management (CAFM) system;
- manage contracts with external space management service providers, contractors and consultants, and ensure that they provide high-quality services;
- supervise the maintenance of relevant databases (e.g. CAFM) and ensure that data are readily available and that regular status reports are prepared;
- ensure compliance with all relevant legislation;
- report to senior management orally and in writing, and prepare notes and documentation for the ECB’s decision-making bodies.
The position offers you excellent opportunities to create a work environment which inspires ECB staff and supports their well-being. You will be part of a multicultural team that strives for continuous innovation to make a positive impact on the lives of European citizens.
Qualifications, experience and skills
- a master’s degree in architecture, facility management, engineering, business administration or another relevant field, or a bachelor’s degree in any of the above combined with four years of relevant experience in the field of space management, or relevant professional qualifications combined with eight years’ relevant experience in the field of space management;
- at least six years’ experience in leading a team responsible for space management in buildings with a combined total floorplan of at least 20,000m2;
- sound experience in applying relevant legislation (e.g. the German workplace regulations – Arbeitsstättenverordnung);
- an advanced command of English and an intermediate command of at least one other official language of the EU;
- a basic to intermediate command of reading in German.
You engage collaboratively with others. You pursue team goals and learn willingly from other people’s diverse perspectives. You signal any need for change by explaining it and proposing alternative solutions. You analyse complex information effectively and can evaluate different views to arrive at solutions. You know and anticipate stakeholder needs. You are skilled at encouraging people to develop their abilities and are able to build up high-performing teams.
German language skills are mandatory for this position. You will be required to interact with German authorities (for example, to understand/apply German building standards) and local suppliers and handle documents related to the ECB’s premises that are drafted in German.
Your language abilities will be tested as part of the recruitment process.
If you are successful in the recruitment process but only have a basic/intermediate command of German, you will be expected to take language tuition to bring this level to at least a higher intermediate command (equivalent to level B2 under the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages). Tuition will be organised and paid for in full by the ECB. Lessons will take place during working hours, unless otherwise agreed.
Your language abilities will also be tested at the end of the probation period to assess your level of progress, which is a precondition for successfully completing the probation period. If your progress has been slower than expected, the ECB may consider extending the probation period.
The formal title for this position will be Facility Management Expert.
The recruitment process for this position may include an online test/remote written exercise or Skype/pre-recorded video interview at the pre-screening stage and – if you are invited to participate further in the selection procedure – an on-site written exercise, a presentation and panel interviews.