Become the next generation at HARMAN as an Engineering Trainee (m/f)
in our LEAP Program
Every brilliant invention had a beginning.
Our engineers and designers are creative and purposeful inventors. As a HARMAN engineer, you are the driving force behind new product launches, combining your technical expertise and innovation to bring cutting – edge solutions to cars, enterprises and the connected ecosystem. Every day, you push the boundaries of creative design to touch the lives of millions with your passion, and HARMAN is committed to providing you with the opportunities and resources to succeed.
Our Leadership Experience Acceleration Program (LEAP) is a two-year program designed to develop early career, high-performing talent into the next generation of HARMAN engineers through rotations in various positions. You will have 3 rotations within our global division Connected Car. Each assignment brings with it a different skill set and challenge where the individual is required to be flexible and focused. LEAP Trainees will benefit from global experiences across multiple businesses and functions, including a mentoring program, a personal buddy and internal talent development offerings (HARMAN University), such as classroom trainings, virtual and self-paced programs while developing a strong peer and global network.
If you are driven to solve complex problems, thrive in a results-oriented environment, and seek a role that strikes your creative and technical abilities, then LEAP is for you!
As LEAP Engineering Trainee you are responsible for supporting the design, analysis, and development of specific products and technology and for meeting all requirements and specifications set by internal Engineering teams and external customers.
- Propose and develop innovative ideas to drive breakthrough solutions
- Collaborate with peers and project teams globally on critical assignments
- Participate in global program activities that will strengthen business skills and build future leadership capabilities
- Complete an international rotation within Europe to increase global exposure
- Above-average Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Industrial Engineering, Software Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Telecommunications or related field
- First practical experience in the field of Engineering thanks to internships (e.g. programming of a data base or software modules) desirable in the automotive industry
- International experience through internships, study semesters abroad etc.
- Fluent verbal and written English and German skills; additional languages are a plus
- Passion about the IT / automotive industry
- Analytical thinking and drive
- Intercultural awareness and positive attitude to succeed
- Desire to learn and develop rapidly within the program period
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, results-oriented, matrixed environment
- Geographical mobility
- 3 rotations in various positions of which one is an international short-term assignment within Europe
- Meet other international LEAP trainees during talent development offerings
- Be part of multi-national teams working together with the world’s largest Car manufacturers
- Hands-on, real-world work experience for early-career professionals
- Global experiences across multiple businesses and functions
- Extensive trainings as well as a mentoring program and a personal buddy
- Attractive salary package
- Flexible working time
- Sport events e.g. B2Run, ski trips
- Employee discounts on HARMAN (JBL, AKG, Harman Kardon) and SAMSUNG products
- Location: Karlsbad and one international short-term assignment