Application Engineer Germany
Who Are We?
We are pioneers, inventors, and true innovators. The Garrett name has been synonymous with advancing motion by revolutionizing the engine through turbocharger development. Now, as an independent company, Garrett – Advancing Motion (GTX) continues that reputation of being ahead of the technological curve and will vigorously pursue opportunities to provide electric boosting and automotive software solutions. We are a cutting-edge technology provider that enables vehicles to become safer, more connected, efficient and environmentally friendly. We lead the development of innovative and differentiated solutions which empower the transportation industry to redefine and further advance motion.
Garrett enjoys longstanding collaborative relationships with leading global automakers and has a proven track record of operational excellence. It currently serves approximately 40 global automakers with 13 well-positioned manufacturing plants and five research and development centers to meet worldwide demand. In addition to its original equipment manufacturer (OEM) customers, Garrett also provides replacement parts to the global independent aftermarket meeting a range of end-customer needs. Garrett is a legendary turbo brand within the performance and enthusiast community. Its aftermarket performance portfolio serves OEM factory teams competing at the highest levels of international competition as well as private grassroots racers and tuners seeking improved engine performance.
Are you curious about what this role implies?
As an Application Engineer, you will act as primary customer focal point for classical or electric boosting products until start of production and supports pre-development, development, and bid of boosting solutions.
You will deliver classical and electric boosting system expertise in front of global customers with regard to turbo-matching, electric machine integration and vehicle electric network level
- Coordinate with performance and simulation team, product line to deliver matching, technical demonstrator design, procurement and delivery
- Creates technical response to customer requirements by developing and documenting technical proposals and presentations
- Establish the risk assessment based upon the design and then define the design validation plan in alignment with product specifications.
- Pilot the product qualification test plan execution and the test results analysis to ensure that the functionality & the reliability targets are met before starting customer applications in production.
- Support Engine & Vehicle test and perform data analysis (INCA or equivalent) and post test analysis.
- Supports customer tech roadmap discussion, simulation, procurement and testing of electric products
- Provide well documented feedback on product issues to the Product Lines Centre of Excellence and Product Assurance in order to improve our products.
- Responsible for the application engineering release to ensure a safe new product launch onto the market.
- Mechanical or Software integration and Electronics skills
- Internal Combustion Engines & Turbomachinery
- Mechanical Design Engineering & Thermodynamics
- Strong ability to work in a cross-functional Team
- Outstanding communication skills – Customer facing experience
- Fluent in German and English