Embedded Software Engineer
Who Are We?
We are pioneers, inventors, and true innovators. The Garrett name has been synonymous with advancing motion by revolutionizing the engine through turbocharger development. Now, as an independent company, Garrett – Advancing Motion (GTX) continues that reputation of being ahead of the technological curve and will vigorously pursue opportunities to provide electric boosting and automotive software solutions. We are a cutting-edge technology provider that enables vehicles to become safer, more connected, efficient and environmentally friendly. We lead the development of innovative and differentiated solutions which empower the transportation industry to redefine and further advance motion.
Garrett enjoys longstanding collaborative relationships with leading global automakers and has a proven track record of operational excellence. It currently serves approximately 40 global automakers with 13 well-positioned manufacturing plants and five research and development centers to meet worldwide demand. In addition to its original equipment manufacturer (OEM) customers, Garrett also provides replacement parts to the global independent aftermarket meeting a range of end-customer needs. Garrett is a legendary turbo brand within the performance and enthusiast community. Its aftermarket performance portfolio serves OEM factory teams competing at the highest levels of international competition as well as private grassroots racers and tuners seeking improved engine performance.
As an Embedded Software Engineer, you will develop embedded firmware in a ISO-26262 and AUTOSAR automotive environment within a cross functional engineering team. You will lead software review and release phase gates, as well as support the hardware design reviews.
- Develop automotive embedded firmware
- Implement motor control software
- Lead Software review and release process
- Participate in low voltage hardware design review
- Participate in risk assessment and DFMEA
- B.Sc in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- M.Sc, or Ph.D in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Significant Experience in Embedded Firmware development in C/C++
- Some experience in AUTOSAR and ISO26262 compatible embedded firmware development
- Some experience in HWIO/application layer implementation with motor conotrl CPU/DSPs
- Some experience in software development life cycle
- Some experience with automotive software debugging tools based on CCP/XCP
- Some experience with software version / source control tools
- Some knowledge with low voltage digital hardware and schematics
- Some knowledge of communication protocols such as CAN, CAN-FD, and Flexray