Technical Sales Manager
As a Technical Sales Manager, you will identify and generate sales opportunities. You will drive sales of products, systems and services to different kinds of customers. You will foster client satisfaction. You will develop customer relationships through coordinating and/or attending trade shows, seminars, etc. You will provide education of Garrett product through technical presentations. You will manage, maintain, and provide reports and opportunity status using our customer relationship management system. You will analyze competitive intelligence and market trends.
Main sales responsibilities:
- Evolve and continually refine a strategic 5-year+ business plan.
- Liaise with Application Engineering to ensure cost effective applications of Turbocharger products and automotive solutions and provide information to determine future product strategy
- Liaise with the Customer Team and other internal departments within a cross-functional environment to manage the effective introduction of new products
- Prepare and submit quotations and negotiate new business opportunities Responsible for commercial proto offers within margin target
- Excel in transactional pricing, in process and parts cost explanation
Main cross-functional & strategy responsibilities:
- Lead the New Product Introduction (NPI) activity, and ensure compliance to the baseline management requirements.
- Milestone adherence for New Product Introduction (NPI)
- Maintain excellent relationships with all levels of the customers and organizations
- Define volume, revenue and profitability objectives through Annual Operating Plan and Strategic Action Plans (AOP/STRAP)
- Collaborate with marketing, platform team, internal functions and customers to define key input to the product line roadmap.
- Support development and continuous refinement of the strategic business plan
- Provide customer service support to customer production facilities
- Identify future growth opportunities; choose engine/turbocharger platforms to deliver this growth.
You must have:
- Master degree in Engineering, or related field
- MBA is a plus
- Strong experience in a selling-related position
- Language skills: English – a must, German.