Company general information
TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
As European regional headquarter based in Brussels (Belgium) and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
Team / division description
Toyota Motor Europe R&D Centre is responsible for:
- Developing vehicles and making concept proposal for EU core models
- Reflecting EU technology to Toyota Vehicles timely by utilizing location advantage and strong network with EU partners
Body Division Interior design Engineering is responsible for Planning & Design of Upper Body parts for European Vehicles from concept phase to serial production.
- Design and develop parts in order to achieve performance, quality and cost targets.
- Investigate style feasibility and co-operate with Styling department in order to secure feasibility.
- Creation of 3D CAD model and production drawing.
- Co-operate with suppliers and Toyota production engineering department to secure production feasibility of parts.
- Secure regulation compliance and collaborate with Homologation department.
- Support plant production and quality engineers to solve the concerns raised during production trials.
- Benchmark of competitor and customer solutions.
- Cooperate to setting targets for next generation models.
- Design and development of interior
- You have a master degree in Engineering (Automotive, Mechanical, Industrial design)
- You are a career starter: max. 18 months of work experience excluding internships
- Good feeling with interior quality and materials.
- Highly skilled in mechanical / automotive design
- Creative customer oriented mindset to support continuous improvement
- Result driven, pro-active, problem solver
- Able to work under pressure, with strong engagement and challenge mindset.
- Enjoy a multicultural and international environment
- Tenacious in nature and take deadlines very seriously
- Mature personality capable of liaising with all levels of the organisation
- At ease with making presentations also to higher management
- Strong PC literacy, and good knowledge in Excel/Access and design programs (Catia, CAD…)
- Travel mobility required
- Valid driving license for Europe
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you :
- wish to develop and are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets
- seek facts before making recommendations or decisions
- have strong planning and organizing skills
- enjoy working in a team, respecting others
- have excellent communication skills
- customer first mindset
Place of employment
Belgium – Brussels (Zaventem) : Toyota Motor Europe, Technical Centre
We offer a dynamic and challenging multicultural work environment, being part of a motivated R & D division in which competence and quality play an important role. Enhancing personal growth and a real opportunity to invest in your future through on the job development and training.
Where your effort, dedication and initiative are rewarded by a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package (bonus scheme / extra-legal benefits (group insurance including a pension plan and risk benefits) / flexible working hours).