Technology – Future Leaders Programme, Belgium, 2020
Exciting minds with our Future Leaders graduate programme – Technology
Education required: Master degree (2:1 or higher) in Computer Science, IT, Cyber Security, Mathematics/Statistics, Data Science/Data Analytics, or Software Engineering
- Computer Science
- Information Technology
- Information Technology for Business (ITMB)
- Cyber Security
- Data Science/Data Analytics
- Computer Systems Engineering
- Artificial Intelligence
- Machine Learning
- Software Engineering
- Combined / Joint degrees including one of the subjects above
- If you are studying a related degree that is not listed here, please contact the recruitment team to confirm your eligibility on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Language requirement: Must be fluent in Business English, French is an asset
Other requirements: To give accelerated development opportunities, we expect Future Leaders to be geographically mobile (when joining and on the program for each rotation).
Start date: September 2020
Assessment centre dates: Early 2020
Application deadline: We recommend you apply as soon as possible, because we accept ongoing applications and will close this vacancy once we have enough matching candidates.
Want to solve some of the world’s biggest health challenges?
With over 300 years of innovation, we’re a science-led global healthcare company that delivers billions of innovative products each year. Join us and help millions of people do more, feel better, live longer.
We’re looking for leaders of the future in Technology
Are you a graduate with great tech know-how who can help us empower our people and drive our business? We have exciting new partnerships with cutting-edge companies – and we’re reinventing how we serve our patients, healthcare professionals and our consumers across our 3 businesses: Vaccines, Pharmaceuticals and Consumer Healthcare.
This is a rare opportunity to develop your skills and learn about the latest technologies and business processes in a dynamic healthcare environment. You’ll also discover the best ways to deliver key agile solutions and work collaboratively to implement our tech strategy.
Develop your career
Over two to three years, our Future Leaders graduate programme will challenge and support you to grow professionally and personally. You’ll have three varied and stretching rotations working on live projects alongside experts in industry. Your rotations will provide you with the opportunity to experience working with different types of technology, across different parts of the GSK Tech business. In all our roles, you’ll work with a variety of different markets and cultures.
What will you do?
- You will have the opportunity to perform business analysis during design, development and implementation of projects
- You will be designing, developing and supporting software solutions
- There will be the chance to manage project and software quality, including testing and validation
- Ensuring that all user acceptance testing is appropriately defined and executed
- You will be involved in managing schedules, milestones, and resource requirements to meet project objectives
- You will be preparing technical documentation
- Your role will involve interfacing with customers and other stakeholders at all levels of the business
- You will be identifying opportunities to improve business processes and performance, and advising the business of possible technical solutions
- You’ll be identifying and building appropriate sources of information and cultivating effective business relationships
Tailored training – and great career progression
We’ll tailor your training and development to suit your talents and ambition, as well as our business needs, setting you up for success in your chosen niche. After you complete our Future Leaders programme, you’ll have the skills to become a tech leader of the future, with a solid foundation for a variety of business and tech careers within healthcare. There’s no limit to how far you can go with us – it’s up to you to prove yourself.
You’ll be excited by the thought of:
- continuing to hone your technical skills on a tailored development programme
- working in a multicultural environment
- implementing innovative sustainable ways of working that drive business performance
- inspiring a team to achieve unprecedented success
- joining an international community of like-minded graduates who, alongside their day jobs, help shape and run the Future Leaders programme, for example, organising hackathons, running global tech debates with external leading experts, and more.
- to be a talented, ambitious graduate with great technology skills
- a Master degree in Computer Science, IT, Cyber Security, Mathematics/Statistics, Data Science/Data Analytics, or Software Engineering
- to be fluent in business English (written and spoken), French is an asset
- fresh thinking with innovative new ideas that boost productivity and efficiency
- to be hungry to learn and develop into a leadership position
- a strong interest in a career in the healthcare industry
- to be eligible to work in the country you’re applying for
Our Future Leaders programme is designed to accelerate the development of graduates who don’t have significant previous professional work experience in the area to which they are applying. Of course, many graduates who join the programme have worked while studying or after graduation. If you’ve already developed substantial experience working in a professional role in your sector, while you would be able to apply for this programme, you may also want to look at direct entry roles in our businesses, as these may be the best way to build on your existing skills and expertise and develop a career at GSK.
Tech within GSK:
Tech at GSK is undergoing a period of change and transformation: GSK has the ambition to become a leader within the pharmaceutical industry in the application of digital technologies to drive a step change in performance and competitive advantage.
As an organization, GSK is looking to create maximum strategic and operational value from our five key tech capabilities: Software Engineering, Cyber Security, Data Science, Cloud Infrastructure, and Product Management. Within these strategic areas, we see this work touching upon established and emergent technologies, including the transition to digitized data (vs. paper-based), Data Science and Analytics, next-generation / cloud computing, sensors and the internet-of-things, machine learning, and artificial intelligence.
What to expect on the Technology Future Leaders Program:
The aim of the program is to provide an accelerated framework of opportunities, learning the ins and outs of business processes and the strategies behind delivering key tech solutions to drive business operations. Our Future Leaders play a key role in unlocking the value of emerging technologies to transform the way GSK interacts with is employees, patients and customers. Future Leaders may work within the Software Engineering (Infrastructure, APIs, Data Engineering, Cloud Architecture), Data Science and Analytics, Cyber Security, and Product Management streams. Additional areas of opportunity are in innovations, strategy and architecture, business process improvement, analytics and/or service management.
You will get plenty of support from the program to help reach your potential and you will not be alone. You will be joining an international community of like-minded graduate techies who, alongside their day jobs, help shape and run the program. Some of the program’s recent graduates have helped run global tech debates with external leading experts, produced podcasts, facilitated learnathons, managed internal ted-talks, and organized hackathons.
- A competitive base salary
- An annual bonus based on company performance
- Access to healthcare and wellbeing programmes, pension plan membership, savings programmes, time off and childcare support
- Employee recognition programmes which reward exceptional achievements
- Long term incentives through share ownership link your rewards to our longer term performance
- On-the-job experience and formal and informal training and development delivered through a mixture of coaching, mentoring and formal training programmes
Get to grips with our recruitment process: you’ll find tips on our website – https://www.gsk.com/en-gb/careers/apprentices-students-and-graduates/apply-now-for-our-future-leaders-graduate-programme/
You’ll be asked for your personal information and why you want to work for us. We recommend you apply as soon as possible, because we accept ongoing applications and will close this vacancy once we have enough matching candidates.
We’re 100% open to all talent
We’re 100% open to all talent – whatever your gender, marital status, religion, age, colour, race, sexual orientation, nationality or disability. We want to recruit the right people for GSK from the widest possible backgrounds, so we can better serve the diversity of our patients and consumers. And also because it’s the right thing to do.