HARMAN a Samsung company, designs and engineers connected products and solutions for automakers, consumers, and enterprises worldwide, including connected car systems, audio and visual products, enterprise automation solutions; and services supporting the Internet of Things. With leading brands including AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon®, Mark Levinson® and Revel®, HARMAN is admired by audiophiles, musicians and the entertainment venues where they perform around the world. More than 50 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and connected car systems. Our software services power billions of mobile devices and systems that are connected, integrated and secure across all platforms, from work and home to car and mobile.
HARMAN has a workforce of approximately 30,000 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia. In 2017, HARMAN became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
- Connected Car
- Connected Services
- Lifestyle Audio
- Professional Solutions
Why should you join HARMAN?
- International and diverse work environment fostering creativity, our Harman Women
- Active support system for women, e.g.’s Network that you can contribute to
- Family friendly working environment with flexible working time, mobile working/ home office and cooperation with kindergarten
- Further development opportunities within our three career ladders (technical expert, project management and disciplinary management)
- Training on the job and technical trainings, e.g. in our HARMAN University, in alliance with your career planning
- Attractive salary package
- A great package of additional benefits such as free parking spaces or allowance for public transportation, canteen vouchers, language courses, employee discounts on our HARMAN products (harman/kardon, JBL, AKG, HARMAN Kardon)
- Work in international teams with the biggest worldwide automotive customers
Testimonial : Emma Roata, Manager – BMW SW Audio-Video
Summary of your role, what you do day-to-day
I am managing the Audio-Video team for BMW, Connected Car division. When I first joined Harman, I was a software developer. Being driven by one of my mottos, I always try to find new challenges to prove myself that “I can do more, do better”. Therefore, I slowly began to take more responsibilities within the projects, taking different Lead roles over the course of 3 years.
When did you join Harman?
In January 2016
What attracted you to this job / Harman?
I was attracted to this job because as an engineer I like working with the newest technology available. I like practical things, the kind of job when you can immediately see your results and interact closely with the hardware. When choosing Automotive, I have chosen the best-in-class: Harman.
What’s the most rewarding work / project you’ve completed since joining Harman?
In Autumn of 2016, I’ve built a team from scratch and managed to deal with all the challenges related to the Infotainment system already released for: 7 Series, X Series, Mini, I Series, Rolls Royce. This challenge has proven to be one of the most successful projects I’ve been a part of.
What has been your biggest learning experience since joining Harman?
I take the initiative on projects that I believed in and that I think of as bringing added value to my team. For me team work and respect is very important because at the end of the day we are all humans. The most valuable lesson learned for me was the ability to understand each of my team members, their needs, their wishes and using my mission and vision to foster their development and enabling a pleasant work environment.
What are the best 3 aspects of your job?
Working in a dynamic, international business environment.
Always be in touch with newest technology / products on the market.
Empowering my team and make them see their value.
How does Harman support your development?
I am always willing to take challenges and if my dream isn’t big enough to scare me, then it’s not good enough. My company encouraged me to dream, to take risks, because opportunities are there and you just need to take them.
What passions do you have outside the workplace?
I am passionate about dancing, cooking, spending quality time with my friends and travelling.