Dev Engineer – Front-end
Your role & work environment
You are an energetic Dev Engineer with a passion for IT and a positive can-do mindset. You are a team player working as a core member of a multidisciplinary and cross-functional squad whom primary driver is the customer. Close collaboration within and across the squads and with the consumer is of utmost importance for you.
You will be part of dynamic squad working on the design and delivery of Customer Information Management products. If you’re passionate about the future of web development and you have an interest in banking, look no further!
Your team will consist of a mix of people with various skills, both with IT and Business backgrounds making your daily job varied as well as technically enriching, as you will be working alongside other experts in an international tech company betting on digitization.
Your key responsibilities
You are responsible to analyze and develop front-end parts of the customer journey (e.g. change address of a customer, update mandate structures for large corporations…).
You are in constant dialogue with your tribe: you understand the goal of our business and work in a team of experts to find the most relevant solution for the customer’s needs.
As a Dev Engineer, you control both the design phase and the actual development and testing of our applications. You understand the entire stack, so that you can bring applications into production and resolve incidents in cooperation with the Ops Engineer.
The following items are vital in this:
- You are a confirmed front-end developer with several years of experience in our required front-end technologies : Polymer and Angular.
- Java clearly is a plus. Knowledge of any other programming language will be highly appreciated. Willingness to learn other programming codes is indispensable.
- You help growing other Dev Engineers of the chapter in the skills needed to become full stack.
- You apply continuous delivery practices as part of your daily work.
- You consult with the team about what is needed to fulfil the functional and non-functional requirements of the IT product to be developed.
- You implement all mandatory security standards to ensure IT risk is and remains under control
- You perform Life Cycle Management (including decommissioning if needed).
- You also have functional knowledge of Master Data Management and more specific of Customer Information Management in a banking environment.
Contribute to the new way of working
- You use your technical expertise and experience to contribute to the Agile ceremonies in a Spotify model (stand-up, refinement, retrospective, marketplace…).
- You contribute to the development of your squad by actively giving and receiving feedback.
- Where possible and needed, you take on tasks/activities that contribute to the purpose, even when they are not entirely within your area of expertise.
- You continuously develop your own expertise while gathering, updating and spreading knowledge about developments and challenges regarding your area of expertise by embedding lessons learned and best practices.
We look for
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment.
As a Dev Engineer front end you will also need:
Skills and competences
- A passion for IT
- IT market focus: seeking for major trends in the new way of working, including Lean IT, continuous delivery, cloud processes, etc.
- Eagerness to learn and ability to coach others
Experience and specialized knowledge
- Very good Experience in a major front end framework: Angular, Polymer.
- You are passionate about web development in general, with a keen interest in the future of the web: ES2018, Web Components, future Web API’s, CSS modules and beyond.
- You see the difference between a nice web application and a great one that just nails all the details: animations, responsiveness, performance, design.
- You are familiar with continuous integration and delivery (GitLab, Jenkins, Artifactory).
- You are familiar with testing, including Test-Driven Development (TDD), end-to-end testing and Test automation.
- Knowledge of Rest API development based on JAVA is a plus.
- Monitoring tool knowledge is a plus (eg Splunk, Kibana).
Education and Professional certifications
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or equivalent by experience
- Good written and spoken knowledge of English
- Certifications and/or proven proficiency in software development
- Certifications and/or proven proficiency in one or more programming/scripting languages
We offer you
- Personal growth & challenging work with endless opportunities to realize your ambitions
- A competitive salary, including a range of flexible compensation items and other benefits
- An informal, dynamic environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavors
- A progressive and agile way of working, where new ideas are valued ahead of convention
- Possibility to participate in courses and trainings
- Challenging projects