Your role & work environment
You are an energetic Chapter Lead with people management responsibilities, deep knowledge in a particular application, infrastructure or architecture-related topic.
You are at least a competent Engineer, Feature Engineer or Architect and this will be your role in the squad for approximately half of your time.
The remaining part of your time you spend on building up expertise in your chapter and developing your chapter members. You are enthusiastic about transferring your knowledge to others, and about coaching around approximately 10 members of your Chapter and oversee their personal development
Your key responsibilities
In your role as Chapter Lead you’ll need a deep knowledge of java and micro services. You are a competent Engineer with multiple years of experience and a brought overview of software development. 60% of your time will be spend using and enriching this experience while taking on tasks for your team.
The remaining 40% you spend on building up expertise in your Chapter and developing your Chapter’s members.
You are enthusiastic about transferring your knowledge to others, coaching the members of your Chapter and oversee their personal development.
As member of a team, you’ll :
- build up a deep knowledge of the squads’ applications and platform components,
- develop and maintain the teams’ front end applications
- and help with the technical architecture and implementation.
We look for
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals.
As Chapter Lead you hierarchically oversee a chapter of around 10 Engineers, implying the people management. This covers the recruiting of new talents, people administration, personal development and evaluation of your chapter members. You will inspire and encourage your chapter members to develop themselves, providing them coaching on both professionally as well as personally.
As a chapter lead / java engineer you will also need to:
- be experienced in Agile and Continuous Delivery practices
- be pro-active, assertive and a good communicator
- have an excellent written and spoken knowledge of English
(knowledge of Dutch and/or French is an asset)
- be versed in at least one of the following (AngularFS, React, Redux, VueJS, Polymr)
- have up to date knowledge on CSS and HTML5
Experience with the items below makes us extra curious:
CucumberJS, Jenkins, Webcomponents, Webassembly, Selenium Grid, ….
We offer you
A clear purpose, a unique offer and a range of flexible compensation and other benefits:
- Personal growth & challenging work with endless opportunities to realise your ambitions
- An informal, dynamic environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavours
- A progressive and agile way of working, where new ideas are valued ahead of convention
Furthermore, within the Assisted Channels tribe department, you can count on a range of opportunities to invest in your personal and professional growth with:
- Working in an international context
- A new office space
- Access to online and class room trainings, conferences, etc. …
- Challenging projects & extensive learning options (ex. Pluralsight, Devoxx tickets, …)
- Personal coaching from Agile Coaches and expert team members
- 30+ holidays to spend as you see fit
- Flexible reward plan with options like car lease, pension savings, extra holidays
Option to work from home
We redefine banking. What about you?
There has never been a more interesting time to work at ING. We’re on a journey that’s centered around our customers, powered by technology and driven by smart, determined people. Our customers feel our people are empowering them to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We’re proud of that!