- Master’s degree in business or engineering, obtained from a top tier university with academic excellence
- Internship or 1-2 years of professional experience in the Electric Power and Natural Gas sectors
- Deep insight & knowledge of the Electric Power and Natural Gas sectors.
- Strong problem-solving skills and conceptual abilities with an analytical mindset
- Business acumen and understanding of the main business, economic and financial concepts and terminology is valued
- Ability to collect, analyze and synthesize information and knowledge
- Strong multitasking abilities, service-oriented personality, intellectual curiosity and an investigative mind
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and with people at all levels in an organization
- Fluency in English together with fluency in either French or Dutch is mandatory
What you’ll do
You will leverage a solid understanding of business trends, issues, and concepts to efficiently respond to complex research questions.
You will deliver synthesized, actionable facts and insights to our consulting teams and clients. You will also have the opportunity to work alongside senior knowledge professionals on larger client projects and internal knowledge initiatives. By collecting and analyzing data and information found in databases and/or other primary and secondary research tools, you will assemble a fact base and counsel consultants and clients on the scope of the business and economic trends surrounding the issue. You will also provide insights and analysis for solving client problems at hand. You will work towards enhancing the practice’s current awareness of development in the energy sector.
Your day-to-day tasks will include identifying the key issues for the problem at hand and determining the most appropriate solution while effectively balancing quality, availability, timeliness, and cost factors. You’ll perform a variety of analyses such as benchmarking, trend identification, industry profiling, market sizing, growth projections and opportunity scanning in order to add value to problem-solving discussions.
You’ll provide synthesis, insight and client implications within tight deadlines via end products in the form of PowerPoint charts, written memos, models and framework. In time, you will also participate in, and eventually lead, internal knowledge development and capability-building initiatives and you’ll use advanced analytics tools to prepare and analyze large datasets to distill insights.