Your role & work environment
As an Ops Engineer/Application Owner, you will be part of a squad (dev/ops team) within the IT tribe Building Blocks.
Our purpose as Building Blocks tribe within ING is to accelerate the IT engineering journey of all ING squads and tribes, by providing enablers that are easy to find, easy to use, always reliable, secure and compliant. The In-Memory Platform Squad develops a Java framework offering to the other teams in ING the possibility to create easily products. The framework is used to orchestrate customer consent and backend calls. It also provides functionalities to offload Mainframe applications to support the new paradigm of mobile access.
Your key responsibilities
- Build a deep knowledge of your squads’ applications, with a good understanding of their ecosystem
- Support applications release life cycle through the different environments up to production
- Automate and continuously improve IT services
- Monitor availability and performance of production
- Be responsible for the operational risks of your squads’ applications
- Troubleshoot incidents and problems related to applications in your scope
- Coordinate and execute installations
- Work in a cross-border environment on group solutions
- Be part of the on-call rotation, once fully up-to-speed
We look for
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems.
As an Ops Engineer/Application Owner you will also need:
- A Bachelor or Master in Information Technology or equivalent
- To be fluent in English, knowledge of Dutch and/or French is an asset
- Fundamentals in Agile/Scrum methodology
- Knowledge and experience of Linux. Shell Scripts is an asset
- Understanding of distributed systems like Apache Ignite
- Knowledge of web server like Apache Tomcat
- Understanding of distribution platform like Apache Kafka
- Basic knowledge of Docker as an asset
- Basic knowledge of Java as an asset
- To be a team player and communicate well, transparent and not shy to confront somebody, pragmatic, well organized, proactive and solution oriented.
- To enjoy creating innovative solutions using the latest technologies and tinkering with IT systems is also your hobby
We offer you
A clear purpose, a unique offer and a range of flexible compensation and other benefits:
- Personal growth & challenging work with endless opportunities to realise your ambitions
- An informal, dynamic environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavours
- A progressive and agile way of working, where new ideas are valued ahead of convention
Furthermore, within the Building Blocks department, you can count on a range of opportunities to invest in your personal and professional growth with:
- Personal growth & challenging work with endless opportunities to realize your ambitions (trainings, Devoxx, etc)
- An informal, dynamic environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavours. Challenging projects and a steep learning curve
- Teamwork in a highly empowered IT DevOps team. Close business interaction in short delivery cycles through Agile Scrum
We redefine banking. What about you?
There has never been a more interesting time to work at ING. We’re on a journey that’s centered around our customers, powered by technology and driven by smart, determined people. Our customers feel our people are empowering them to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We’re proud of that!