Control & Instrumentation Technican
Your future plans
A phenomenal opportunity has arisen to join our team at Staythorpe Power Station in Newark on Trent as a C&I Maintenance Technician!
You will ensure that the commercial operation of the station is maximised by completing short and long term maintenance routines, as well as correcting faults and implementing modifications. Your tasks include in detail:
- Provide hands on technical support to the craft resource, ensuring Maintenance and engineering standards are maintained and site procedures followed.
- Ensure the Craft Supervisor has the necessary support to manage the technical capabilities of the craft team whilst maximising utilisation.
- Plan, prioritise and manage response to daily defects, weekly scheduling of planned and corrective maintenance works, schedule weekend outages and opportunity outage work packages.
- Fulfil the role of Technical Officer (TO) on selected contracts by managing the station contractor interface, development of technical specifications with Engineering support and ensuring the contractors work to all appropriate site procedures and safety standards.
- Ensure the Maintenance Engineers, Lead Maintenance Engineer and Maintenance Section head are kept up to date with all issues either at the weekly Maintenance meeting or as appropriate for more critical work.
- Work in a flexible way to enable the continued operation of the generating units.
Your powerful skills
- If you have at least 2 years’ of industry relevant experience and a HNC in an Engineering related discipline, we’d love to hear from you!
- We’d also like you to be proficient in the use of office based IT applications. You’ll be fully proficient in using a computerised maintenance management system
(CMMS) and be able to plan and prioritise yours and others work.
Benefits you can rely on
As well as a competitive salary and generous benefits package which includes a 10% bonus opportunity, pension, healthcare and 25 days holiday, you’ll also get the opportunity to craft the future of our business. Along the way, we’ll give you all the support you desire to develop your skill set and achieve your long-term objectives.
To see the excellent range of benefits we offer to employees, please visit: https://www.rweukjobs.com/our-benefits
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organisation and to valuing the contribution that our employees make. We welcome and respect differences in culture, background, working style, education and other less obvious differences.