(Associate) Development Architect for Leonardo Machine Learning Applications Job
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
Technology & Innovation (T&I) is responsible for SAP’s overall platform and technology development such as SAP Cloud Platform and SAP HANA. In addition, T&I drives the incubation and adoption of intelligent technologies like Analytics, SAP Leonardo Machine Learning and IoT across SAP’s product portfolio. The T&I board area is also in charge of SAP’s global innovation agenda and builds new business model- and market driven innovations to help customers realize the most business value.
SAP Leonardo Machine Learning is part of SAP’s intelligent technologies portfolio and one of the key drivers of the Intelligent Enterprise. It is our mission to infuse all enterprise applications with machine learning and to empower our customers to make the most of their business data. Our team is located in Germany, France, Israel, Singapore, India, and the US and exemplifies a start-up like, innovative work environment.
As a (Associate) Development Architect for SAP Leonardo Machine Learning applications, you will work in an international team of experienced researchers, data scientists and application developers taking on challenges posed by the SAP customers and product units. You will have the chance to work with the richest data sets available in the world addressing real-world problems. Your primary goal will be to implement state-of-the-art cloud solutions around machine learning applications. You will have a chance to select and implement the best technologies and approaches based on your own experience, judgment, and experimentation results.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
You will work closely together with a team of dedicated experts including developers, machine learning experts and architects with a single goal of designing beautiful and disruptive cloud-based machine learning solutions.
Your tasks include:
- Define and build our distributed microservice-based data processing pipeline
- Work through user given problems from beginning to end: translating research insight into adequate concepts for SAP’s customers
- Ensure responsiveness, scalability, and maintain sub-second end-to-end latency
- Focus on software fault-tolerance to compensate for inevitable outages in the cloud
- Make and take full responsibility of strategic decisions regarding cloud software development
- Lead technical discussions within and outside of the team and enable the team in finding the best solutions to technical challenges
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science or related field
- Solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in algorithms, data structures, object-oriented programming, design patterns, multi-threaded programming, and software design principles
- Experience in designing the architecture for microservice-based cloud applications
- Proficiency in at least one server-side programming language such as Java, Scala, Python, C#/C++
- Experience with distributed version control (e.g. Git or GitHub)
- Excellent English communication and language skills
- Knowledge of open source cloud frameworks such as OpenStack, Cloud Foundry etc.
- Experience with message queues (RabbitMQ, Kafka, etc.)
- Experience in build/deployment automation (e.g. Jenkins) and containerized applications/Kubernetes
- Knowledge of Machine Learning fundamentals
At least 4 years of professional work experience with a compelling portfolio of running systems.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.