(Senior) Research Scientist / (Senior) Researcher for SAP Machine Learning Research
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
Technology & Innovation (T&I) is responsible for SAP’s overall platform and technology development such as SAP Cloud Platform and SAP HANA. In addition, T&I drives the incubation and adoption of intelligent technologies like Analytics, SAP Leonardo Machine Learning and IoT across SAP’s product portfolio. The T&I board area is also in charge of SAP’s global innovation agenda and builds new business model- and market driven innovations to help customers realize the most business value.
SAP Leonardo Machine Learning is part of SAP’s intelligent technologies portfolio and one of the key drivers of the Intelligent Enterprise. It is our mission to infuse all enterprise applications with machine learning and to empower our customers to make the most of their business data. Our team is located in Germany, France, Israel, Singapore, India, and the US and exemplifies a start-up like, innovative work environment.
Our ML Research team is a small and physically co-located team of deep learning experts. Here, at SAP, we have a unique task to bridge the gap between SAP machine learning product teams and academic research. To that end we work with top-tier universities around the world and push the state of the art in machine learning research in areas which have the potential to influence the SAP machine learning products in the future. We are an extremely competitive, highly ethical team that strives for excellence in research.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- Push the state of the art in Machine Learning/Deep Learning via publications at top conferences
- Align results of your research with machine learning related problems in SAP product world
- Communicate and showcase results of your research to SAP executives and clients
- Whatever else it takes: we are a lean startup inside a corporate environment
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- PhD in Computer Science or related field, with a very strong focus on machine learning
- Publications at top-tier conferences such as NIPS, CVPR, ICLR, ACL
- Strong academic network and proven track record of mentoring of Master students
- Ability to write research grade code in Python and run large scale experiments on AWS
- Experience with Deep Learning software packages such as TensorFlow or (Py)Torch
- Collaborative mindset and excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Strong experience in Natural Language Processing with publication background therein
- Excellent work ethics and self-organization in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Contributions to open-source research communities
- GPU programming proficiency with languages such as CUDA, OpenCL
- (Very) Good German language skills
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.