Euroclear has embarked in an ambitious IT transformation programme whose objectives are the following :
- Ensure the timely delivery of major projects/programmes whilst delivering the maximum value to clients
- Secure those capabilities needed (technology, skills & expertise) to position Euroclear as an innovation leader in its industry
- Significantly reduce the total cost of ownership of technology assets to release financial resources for service improvement and innovation
- Control operational risks and ensure outstanding quality of operations in line with service levels agreed with business and clients
These objectives will be achieved through a multi-year year investment plan which will seek first in 2018 to gain credibility to deliver as well as to secure a stable foundation to build on. The scale up of the transformation will happen in 2019-2020.
As part of this IT transformation, Euroclear is aiming to broadly adopt an agile way of working and to adapt its organization accordingly. The IT division is looking for Scrum Masters who will be assigned to the first wave of Agile teams, which will be kicked off in the last quarter of the year.
The positions are Brussels based on a full time basis.
The role of Scrum Master plays a key role to deliver the project respecting the agile methodology and:
- Helps an Agile team to deliver high value products
- Provides overall guidance for team to adhere to Agile principles and practices.
- Arranges, facilitates and schedules meetings, demos and decision-making processes to ensure that the proper collaborative process is in use (sprint team, size efforts, release planning, sprint planning,…).
- Coaches the team to adapt to an environment where Agile is not fully deployed/understood
- Works with stakeholders and team members to continuously improve (quality, productivity)
- Drives quicker delivery and continuous improvement by utilizing feedback and metrics to identify areas of opportunity.
- Facilitates team transparency and share progress by the team to the appropriate channels.
- Is actively engaged in defining and managing action items, identifying issues and risks, adjusting scope, and identifying tasks necessary to complete planned work.
- Plans and coordinates testing environment deployments and application / system integration testing.
- Guides team in self-organization; encourage and motivate team.
The role of Head of COE Training and Coaching will be as follow:
- Recruit & manage a team of Agile coaches (external people in the beginning) and ensure sufficient and coherent coaching is available to support the Agile transformation throughout the whole organization
- Build over the next 2 years an internal coaching practice in order to make Euroclear independent from external providers as soon as possible
- Ensure that a comprehensive Agile training portfolio is available and that people working in Agile teams get the right trainings. You build an autonomous training team.
- Define, together with HR, the new Agile roles & responsibilities, the people evolution & career track in an Agile environment. You work with HR to adapt HR processes (e.g recruitment, performance management) to Agile
You have a proven knowledge of Agile principles and practices and already worked in the Financial services, banking industry.
You already have an experience as business analyst, IT design & development or project management in IT environment.
- You are fluent in English. French and/or Dutch will be an asset.
- Strong communication, collaboration, leadership, conflict resolution, budgeting and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to influence team and key stakeholders ·
- Excellent presentation skills · Ability to work in ambiguity and iterate to a solution – can estimate and solve basic business problems without explicit direction ·
- Creative, flexible, and willing to continuously change, evolve, and improve software development processes ·
- Demonstrated technical leadership and direction ·