Chances are high that HARMAN and its innovative brands have already touched your life today.
HARMAN designs and engineers connected products and solutions for automakers, consumers, and enterprises worldwide, including connected car systems, audio and visual products, enterprise automation solutions and services supporting the Internet of Things.
With leading brands including AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon®, Mark Levinson® and Revel®, HARMAN is admired by audiophiles, musicians and the entertainment venues where they perform around the world. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and connected car systems.
You will be a key driver in the development plan working autonomously within an international team.
This role is available in our Connected Services and Connected Car divisions in Germany and Poland.
- Elaborate and implement the component design, concepts, algorithms and architecture for new features, writing most challenging pieces of code yourself
- Create descriptions and code samples to explain necessary software behavior to other engineers, define and plan tasks, review implementation progress, and coordinate working packages with other domains
- Analyze the architecture of an existing huge Java solution with several millions LOCs (Java, SQL, XML, etc.)
- Drive the improvement and optimization of complex, distributed algorithms for geo-data processing and support the PM and architects in handling RFIs/RFQs with technical inputs
- As an ideal candidate you will have a degree in Computer Science or a related field, combined with 5+y of software development experience and 3+y in relational database management systems and SQL
- You’ve had experience with GIS tools and libraries for geo-data processing (e.g. JTS/GeoTools, PostGIS, QuantumGIS) and navigation raw data/formats, such as RDF, MultiNet, ShapeFile, Collada
- You have a strong knowledge of current software technologies such as: UML, Design Patterns, XML and have worked in an Agile environment
- Work in international teams with the world’s largest automotive manufacturers
- Have an attractive salary package
- Get training on the job and extensive technical trainings
- Access career development opportunities
- Get discounts on Harman & Samsung products
- Receive more benefits based on the local culture of each location Harman operates.
Come see what you can achieve with HARMAN!
Our software services power billions of mobile devices and systems that are connected, integrated and secure across all platforms, from work and home to car and mobile. HARMAN has a workforce of approximately 30,000 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia. In March 2017, HARMAN became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics.
HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status.