Senior Manager, Cyber – Security Data Protection Technical Lead
You will be exclusively focused on supporting Data Protection engagements from a technical cyber security perspective, both before and during engagement with clients across all sectors.
We are looking for a technical professional with an in-depth understanding of a wide range of cybersecurity technical and operational aspects, including data protection technologies and vendor market place, to support engagements across Data Loss Prevention, Classification, Encryption, Cloud Access Security Broker, and other technologies.
We work across multiple technology programs within complex environments with high-profile requirements across a broad portfolio of clients and industry sectors, assisting the clients to identify, capture and protect value across their organisations. As a team, we prepare RFP responses and proposals for a range of programs, advise on strategy and governance activities, perform implementations and managed services, as well as advise on risk mitigation and the successful change of technical operations, functions and people.
Your key responsibilities
As the technology authority for Data Protection across Europe, you will be a vital member of the team advising clients across all industries and sectors. Supporting key decision makers in developing and executing strategies for data protection, you will lead work-streams comprising client and team members, managing each engagement as the technical and design authority and their associated risks.
You will lead and oversee the design of large security architecture assignments to address complex business requirements, including design and deployment of entire system configurations. You will deliver on the expectations to safeguard that principles, structures, tools and responsibilities are in place to deliver excellence and risks are identified, managed and mitigated.
You will act as an intermediary between the business, client community and security community, working with the business to understand and solve complex problems, presenting technical solutions and options in a simplified manner for clients and the business.
You will also assist in aspects of business origination, including pitches and presentations, and attending meetings with clients to generate new business opportunities.
- Contribute to our practice development initiatives, supporting the continued focus on our team as a great place to work.
- Act as a role model and support development of junior team members, coupled with recruitment and training responsibilities, primarily from a technical perspective.
- Review work undertaken by junior team members, acting as a best practice and quality resource.
Skills and attributes for success
- Experience in different type of engagements; strategy, maturity, implementation, etc.
- Lead meetings with senior client stakeholders to advise, shape and drive the strategy and planning around cyber security technology.
- Insight to provide innovative and practical designs that account for the end-to-end solution of a secure system in line with business objectives.
- Working knowledge of how technical capability aligns and enables Privacy related legislation.
- Stay up to date with relevant software and technology changes and promote the use of new solutions and emerging technologies to maximise efficiency, reliability and value.
- Work across multiple security architecture projects with varied stakeholders, providing technical leadership and advisory services to the business by anticipating needs and potential objections and contributing to project management activities.
- Leadership around tool evaluation efforts, including the definition of evaluation criteria, tool identification and the evaluation itself.
- Drive adherence to development standards to promote optimisation and consistency, including code modularisation and reuse.
- Demonstrated ability to perform and summarise analysis into management insights and recommended actions at pace.
- Leadership capability and proven ability to manage difficult stakeholders.
- Flexibility to support on broader and Operational work.
- Willingness to travel across Europe up to 50% of the time.
To qualify for the role you must have
- A Bachelors degree in a Technical subject in the field e.g. Cybersecurity, Computer Science, Digital Networks, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Network Engineering, or similar, combined with a relevant Masters degree – or equivalent technical experience.
- A leading cybersecurity qualification, such as CISSP, CCSP or CISM.
- Knowledge of operational and technology diligence, readiness assessments, and risk assessments is vital as is an understanding of technical constraints, financial implications and a business outcome focus.
- Experience owning the technical end-to-end lifecycle of security architecture projects.
- Extensive experience across a variety of technical elements such as web services, networks, mainframes, databases, end user devices, IoT/Cloud platforms, IoT devices, industrial control systems, sensors etc.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience of multiple information protection technologies (regardless of vendor) i.e. DLP, CASB, Tagging, Encryption, etc. with accompanying industry certifications e.g. AWS Cloud Certifications / Symantec / IBM / Microsoft.
- In-depth knowledge on information security and cyber defence.
- Well versed in information security regulations and law.
- In depth knowledge of industry leading standards and frameworks such as NIST, ISO and CIS.
- Experience in building strong working relationships with senior clients, including influence, advice and support to key decision makers.
- Experience gained within another large professional services organization.
- Experience in supporting sales and business development processes for professional services projects in a large-scale consulting environment.
What we look for
Core consulting skills – Authoritative client management on a technical level
Technical skills – Strong technical insight, practical knowledge and specialist capability
Versatility – Proven ability to adapt and learn in an innovative environment
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.