Software Engineer (m/f/d) in the Volkswagen Digital:Lab Berlin
YOUR WORK ENVIRONMENT
Volkswagen is on a mission to change mobility for future generations.
The Volkswagen Digital:Lab was founded in 2015 in Berlin, in one of the largest and most important startup scenes in Europe and home to more than 1,300 startups. The Digital:Lab is the place where talented people are empowered to put their best work into building digital products beyond the traditional core business of the Volkswagen Group. Over the years, our team has grown to more than 60 people with expertise in engineering, product management, and design who craft and ship outstanding products and experiences. We work closely with our partners from internal departments such as Sales, Marketing and Research & Development to understand their vision of a promising end-user solution and to break that vision down into a prioritized backlog and user stories. With an established product line in production, we serve customer traffic of more than 4 million registered users and 26.53 million transactions per day.
We deliver high quality software by strictly adhering to pair programming and test-driven techniques. We work in a lean way by avoiding waste, sharing knowledge, delivering fast and often, and respecting people. Therefore, each team plans together, designs ahead, validates ideas with real users early on, builds each feature in-house, and releases regularly in small increments. Driven by our belief in agile and lean methods, we establish flat hierarchies in a culture of equality. We use design thinking methods and focus on delivering a Minimal Viable Product (MVP) rapidly in order to shape and validate our products and ultimately, deliver amazing experiences to our customers and users. As a fullstack software engineer at Digital:Lab Berlin, you will be involved in all phases of the software product development process.
The Digital:Lab Berlin is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants are considered in the recruitment process regardless of their origin, skin color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability or age. If you are not afraid of change and would like to be part of our multicultural team, we look forward to receiving your application.
- You enjoy working as part of a multicultural, interdisciplinary balanced team.
- You are open, friendly and adaptable.
- You enjoy learning continuously.
- You can simplify complex problems and develop high quality software
- You like to code and share your knowledge in the process.
- You like pair programming as well as test-driven development and have a pronounced ability to communicate.
- You want to work in a collaborative and open environment where you share engineering skills and product responsibility within the team.
- You are actively working to take our products to the next level.
- You have excellent written and spoken English skills.
- You give and receive feedback in order to continually develop yourself further.
- You have a university degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or something similar
Nice to have
- Experience with microservice architectures, Cloudfoundry, Concourse CI, Docker, Git and Continuous Delivery concepts
- International Experiences
- Experience with Open Source projects