Job Overview and Responsibilities
This position is based within the Solvay Business Services (SBS) Information Services (IS) Data Service Line. You will join the recently created Big Data & Analytics team to bring predictive and big data analytics to the Group. You will be based in Lyon, Singapore, or Brussels and report to the Big Data & Analytics Team Manager.
- Conduct proof of concepts and projects in data science & big data
- Translate business needs in Analytics requirements & insights
- Locate the data sources (internal/external) to generate relevant modelization
- Gather, transform & clean the necessary data
- Leverage data science algorithms while prototyping (study) and operationalizing the solutions
- Share and present the results
- Manage projects in predictive/prescriptive analytics project, working with external consultants.
- Lead awareness workshops related to analytics & big data.
- Participate in the selection, implementation & administration of the Data Science & Big Data tools of the Solvay Group, from the data lake to the data science platform.
Education and Experience
- Degree / Masters in Information Technology, Analytics, data science, statistics, data mining.
- Minimum experience of 2 years in data analytics / big data.
- Experience in implementation of at least one machine learning project including industrialisation / automation.
- Python and SQL working efficiency is mandatory.
- Experience or familiarity with the following technologies are recommended : R, Dataiku DSS, SAS, Google Cloud Platform (BigQuery / Cloud ML).
- Knowledge or experience in deep learning (Keras/Tensorflow) is recommended.
- Experience in web development or data visualisation tools is recommended.
- Proactivity and willingness to explore is the key skill.
- Passionate about data science and the new technologies.
- Independent: The candidate will need to be able to manage a full analytics process from business interview to modelisation to results explanation & automation.
- Project management, AGILE methodology is welcome.
- Good communication & presentation skills.