IS Customs Trade & Compliance Specialist
Lyon, Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes, France;
Solvay is a multi-specialty chemical company committed to developing chemistry that addresses key societal challenges. We innovate and partner with customers in diverse global end markets. Solvay Business Services (SBS) is the global organization supporting internal and external growth by integrating the major End-to-End administrative processes as well as the Information Services of the Solvay Group, through three strategic objectives: Strategic agility & Customer centricity – Service excellence – Talents & innovation.
Job Overview and Responsibilities
The IS Customs Trade & Compliance Specialist is responsible to design, build and implement reliable and at best-cost IS solutions aligned with businesses and/or end-to-end process requirements ensuring global SBS SLA are respected.
- Understand functional requirements
- Give critical input in feasibility assessment
- Design, test & build technical solutions when not delegated to Partners
- Follow-up and control when necessary operational activities delegated to Partners
- Provide latest level of support to customers when issues are escalated by Partner and ensure remediation plan to improve expertise of the Partner with Partnership Coordinator
- Provide regular support to customers for issues not in the scope of Partners
- Participate to improve the quality of the support delivered by Partner
User & Training Documentation
- Ensure the IS documentation (user, technical, training…) is kept up to date when evolution is made by partner and validate
- Update IS documentation (user, technical, training…) when responsible of the evolution
- Lead projects, when appropriate
Hand over Project to Support Organization
- Hand over project to Support organizations including Outsourced Partners
Education and Experience
- At least 5 years of relevant experience
- GTS SAP consultant experience (minimum 3 years)
Good knowledge of GTS, SD,LE, MM SAP module
Proven ability to:
- Quickly build expertise in complex matters.
- Deliver value adding services in challenging environments and under time pressure.
- Develop strong business relationships.
- Help people develop through efficient coaching, training and supervision.
- Cooperate smoothly with partners from different cultural backgrounds.
- Plan, structure and follow up the activities of the project team to ensure on time delivery and within the allocated budget
- Fluent French & English