IS Plant Maintenance Specialist
Lyon, Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes, France;
Brussels, Brussels Capital, Belgium;
Solvay is a multi-specialty chemical company committed to developing chemistry that addresses key societal challenges.
We innovate and partner with customers in diverse global end markets. Solvay Business Services (SBS) is the global organization supporting internal and external growth by integrating the major End-to-End administrative processes as well as the Information Services of the Solvay Group, through three strategic objectives: Strategic agility & Customer centricity – Service excellence – Talents & innovation.
Job Overview and Responsibilities
Part of the global IS organization of Solvay, you will lead a digital program which aims at accelerating the implementation of several digital solutions in the Solvay plants. The focus is completely Industrial, and the geographical scope is worldwide.
The program is starting in 2019, and the target is to deliver in 2019 this set of solutions to 30 plants worldwide. The first set of applications to be deployed is a mobile application for SAP Plant Maintenance running on Neptune framework. This solution has already been pilot in the group in 2018.
In your role, you will be working with a team of around 3 persons from IS teams and be in strong link with Plants team, and other corporate teams.
Your scope of action will be all the IS activities of this program, including all classical IT layers, from network and infrastructure till data, application and advanced reporting or visualization.
Your IS project manager role will mirror a business project manager acting on business side (corporate and/or plants), responsible for driving the whole program and accountable for functional specification, and change management.
- Organize activities with a cross-disciplinary IT teams (infrastructure, network, functional SAP PM expert, Neptune Developers)
- Ensure a correct sequencing of projects, and a good coordination of teams. Parallelization of project is likely to occur, and your role will be to propose a realistic planning, and adequate resource staffing.
- Effectively communicate (i.e. status, issues, and escalations) to leadership and other various levels of the organization
- Be accountable of all the IS activities of the program.
- Participate to the program Steering committee
- Be able to highlight and qualify the difficulties or risks, whether they are within IS scope or within business scope.
Education and Experience
- Engineer or business school.
- Between 0 to 5 years experience in IT or in an industrial environment.
- Project management skills
- Ability to lead
- Result oriented.
- Strong ability to communicate
- At ease with Google tools (gSheet, gDrive,…)
- English AND French
- German language is a plus