Process and Production Engineer
Job Overview and Responsibilities
We are looking for high potential chemical engineers with a good knowledge of physical phenomena, computational skills and the ability to combine the excellence of the technical content of their work with efficient time management and communication skills.
A solid knowledge at University level of chemical reaction engineering, unit operations (distillation, separation, heat exchange etc.), equipment (pumps, compressors for process scopes) and a strong enthusiasm in dealing with and solving complex problems coupled with passion for the technical role.
Self-motivation, determination and aptitude to teamwork complement the candidates’ profile.
The main responsibilities can be summarized as follows:
- Design a process and a plant starting from the product development at laboratory and / or pilot scale to arrive, through data interpretation and process modeling, to the industrial scale up; This activity requires close collaboration with Research and Development;
- Conduct process simulations and calculations on unit operations to prepare technical documentation related to a new industrial process, including heat and material balances, P & ID, equipment and instrument specifications and evaluation of all safety aspects. Collaborate with the Engineering function in the development of the basic design, provide support to the detailed engineering phase and finally take part in the start-up activities of the new plant with the key responsibility of the technical success;
- Contribute to improve the performances of existing installations or revamp existing sections or designing new ones, in close contact with the Production Manager and his staff, reacting to their input or challenging them proactively identifying areas of improvement.
Education and Experience
- Master degree in Chemical Engineering
- 0-3 years experience
- Good in English and Italian verbal and written, other language is a plus
- International experience (internship, Erasmus, first work experience) are welcome
- Working proactively with strong orientation to the results