Job Overview and Responsibilities
- Adhere to all PSM and plant HSE standards, policies and procedures and maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Direct and manage the overall Halar unit operaon.
- Effecvely ulize all the resources available including operators, facilitators, engineers, R&D, Plant Support Teams and external experts when required.
- Provide leadership in unit safety excellence, transformaon improvement iniaves, quality improvement, people development and training to drive operaonal excellence.
Education and Experience
- Education: BS in Chemical Engineering or related engineering discipline
- Required Experience: 7+ years working in an industrial facility, preferably a chemical plant
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills. Collaboration with multiple levels of the organization. Excellent management capabilities.
- Exemplary computer skills, with thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive.
- Ability to drive transformational organizational culture change; Embraces and teaches company culture
- Responds well to high-pressure situations
- Proven ability to analyze situations and data to make sound decisions
- Detail oriented and self-starter
- A desire to work in the field, alongside operators, in a chemical manufacturing environment;
- Comfortable working in an industrial environment and the hazards that accompany it, including exp
- Comfortable presenting to a group: whether training frontline employees or presenting a safety plan to a potential customer