Company general information
TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation.
Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities,
Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
Team / division description
Supplier Management: Toyota’s unique purchasing policy is based on a firm belief in developing and maintaining long-term stable relationships with our suppliers. Starting from this true partnership approach, Supplier Production Management (SPM) is an Engineering Division, which provides support to our suppliers from product development through to pre-production and into mass production applying Toyota Production System principles to ensure our supplier parts achieve our requirements for mass production.
- You provide the link between Toyota Europe and our component suppliers developing new products for the next generation of automobiles in Europe.
- You take responsibility from product development through to pre-production and into mass production using Toyota’s unique production preparation methodology and teamwork approach.
- You are leading the preparation team of Design, Quality & Logistics people, of both Toyota and suppliers, is to monitor the planning and development activities of a group of suppliers throughout Europe in the area of interior / chassis / functional parts.
- You continuously promote innovations and improvements, ensuring on-time preparation leading to the successful introduction of your parts into mass production.
- You work together with your suppliers, improve and develop their mass production performance in the areas of quality, delivery and productivity based on Toyota Production Systems requirements.
- You are fluent in English (business language)
- You have a degree in Engineering – Mechanical / Production / Manufacturing
- You have minimum 5-6 years of experience in Quality / Production / Industrial Eng. / Logistics department preferably in the automotive or mass production environment.
- You have experience with Microsoft Office tools
- You have excellent communication skills
- You demonstrate a proactive hands-on approach and outgoing personality
- You have an analytical mindset
- You are willing to travel frequently (up to 30%)
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you :
- wish to develop and you are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets.
- seek facts before making recommendations or decisions.
- have strong planning and organization skills
- enjoy working in a team, respecting others.
- have a creative mind and passion for cars.
- have excellent communication skills
Place of employment
Belgium – Brussels (Zaventem) : Toyota Motor Europe, Technical Centre
We offer a competitive salary and extra-legal benefits, training to enhance your continuous development.