As part of the development of its international operations in the Electronic Toll Collection (ETC) sector, VINCI Concessions is looking for a system architect for its new Free-Flow project in Dublin, Ireland.
The project will cover the different phases of the design and build of a complex integrated system, from the general conception of the business processes and overall technical architecture, to the actual integration of the technical subsystems and the end-to-end validation of the entire dispositive. The migration strategy – operational, organizational and technical – will also be elaborated and conducted during the 18 months of the Migration & Transition phase, which will lead to 10 years of operations.
In order to staff the project Team and furthermore the operational direction we are recruiting today our key resources, among which a System Architect.
This recruitment is conducted by the ETC Direction of VINCI, which brings its operational expertise to the initialization of the Project and, in parallel, the structuration of the JV. This Direction addresses all the areas of the Electronic Toll Collection (ETC) market, ranging from free-flow tolling or national truck tolling schemes, to congestion charging or mileage-based charging, and are expanding to new Mobility services.
You will be reporting to the System Manager and will be involved in all the major tasks of the technical design of the System, with direct responsibility on the architecture design (system and data), hosting strategy definition and subcontractors’ coordination on subsystem delivery.
You will be the technical referent for the subcontractors and providers and work closely with the Design Authority to align business needs and technical capabilities. You will participate to weekly project meetings and animate the technical committee with all the involved stakeholders.
Your main activities include:
During project initialization
- Overall system architecture definition and initialization of the Product Breakdown Structure (PBS)
- Hosting strategy definition: infrastructure and sites description, providers selection
- IT Processes initialization: development, delivery, defect, change and configuration management
- Identification and selection of transversal technical modules (security, integration, supervision)
- Audit and impact analysis coordination regarding security and GDPR
During Migration & Transition Phase
- Review and adjustment of the system plan and migration plan
- Management of the officers in charge of Data management and Security management
- Responsible for the Data Architecture design, including the data catalog and Data Warehouse design
- Responsible for the supervision strategy and the related procedures
- Coordination of the security strategy definition and implementation
- In charge of the Disaster Recovery Plan design, implementation and test, in coordination with the subcontractors
- Stress and load tests plan elaboration
- Identification of risks, issues and open points related to system architecture, security or performance; development and conduct of actions plan to mitigate risks and solve issues
Skills and professional background
PhD (Eng.) or similar, you have a strong system integration background and show deep interest in technical innovation, cyber security and data management. You have demonstrated your ability to handle the complexity and understand the business drivers of an operational IT system and how they can be impacted by the system design and performance.
You have at least 15 years professional experience in the field of Information System and 5 as an architect on design and build projects. You have participated with a technical key role to complex system integration projects. Your field of expertise includes data management, with a strong sensibility on security issues and a good understanding of GDPR implication.
A real team player, you are open-minded, dynamic, humble, agile and rigorous. You have upper work capacity and strong communication and writing skills to effectively coordinate your team and stakeholders. Knowledge sharing and collective performance are part of the key drivers in your management style.
Full professional proficiency in English.
Experience in Electronic Toll Collection is a plus.
Experience in international/multi-cultural environment is a plus
Full professional proficiency in French is a plus.
Located in Dublin, Ireland, with possible travels to Cork, Ireland, and France.
Depending on date of arrival, participation to the initialization phase will require regular onsite presence in Rueil-Malmaison (92), France, at VINCI headquarters.