Location: Tubize, Belgium | Full time, Regular Employment
Thales people architect solutions at the heart of the defence-security continuum. Interoperable and secure information and telecommunications systems for defence, security, and civil operators, are based upon innovative use of radiocommunications, networks, and cybersecurity. We are ground breaking new digital technologies such as 4G mobile communications, cryptography, cloud computing and big data for use in physical protection systems, and critical information systems.
Thales Belgium SA, filiale belge et centre de compétences du Groupe, est constituée de 2 sites situés à Tubize (à proximité de Bruxelles) et à Herstal (à proximité de Liège). Le site de Tubize, qui emploie plus de 130 collaborateurs, est spécialisé dans le design, le développement et la fourniture de systèmes d’information critiques pour tout type de plateforme à usage de clients des secteurs de la Défense, de la Sécurité (incluant la Cyber sécurité), de l’Aéronautique et du Transport.
Thales Belgium SA, Belgium competence center of Thales, is a company located on 2 sites, one in Tubize (near Brussels) and the other one in Herstal (near Liège).
Thales Belgium, which employs more than 200 collaborators, is specialized in the design, development and supply of critical information systems for customers in the sectors of Defense, Security (including Cyber), Transport and Aerospace.
For its activities, Thales Belgium SA (Tubize site) is looking for a:
You will be part of a of the Engineering team of the company.
You will be performing your mission at the customer’s premises, i.e. Eurocontrol HQ located in Brussels. Eurocontrol is an intergovernmental organisation made of 41 countries in charge of managing the Air Traffic Management network within Europe. Eurocontrol is engaged in a digital transformation with the help of Thales Belgium. You will be part of a multinational team in charge of validating new software functions required to achieve this transformation the ATM network manager. The working language is English, French is an asset.
Main Responsibilities & Profile:
The system integrator will be working in the area of integrating the different baselines delivered by different development teams and testing that these baselines can correctly talk to each other. His/Her input is the technical documentations (interfaces) of each project. In addition, the integrator prepares the environment for the system verification testers. He/She is also responsible for handing over the baselines to the operational support for deployment into validation and later operations. He/She reports to the technical team lead of integration, under the heading of a team leader.
The following qualifications shall be provided by the candidate:
- Good team member,
- Experience of at least 5 years with software integration activities: integration, configuration and installation of complex applications in a UNIX or LINUX environment
- Participation in Functional and Non-functional testing,
- Experience with working with a scripting language ksh, python
- Experience with database systems and SQL, preferably in an Oracle environment,
- Experience in memory and thread management aspects of a server application
- Knowledge of open source test tools (Selenium, Junit, Jmeter)
- Experience with continuous integration (e.g. Jenkins)
- Deployment (Ansible, docer, Nexus, Gradle)
The knowledge or at least a strong interest for the aviation domain is a clear advantage.
- Stress resistant, autonomy, sense of initiative
- Versatility and flexibility
- Customer driven and quality oriented
- Interdisciplinary and creative, end-to-end commitment, focused and persistent
- Team player, listening and communication skills, English proficiency mandatory
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 65,000 employees in 56 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!