Engineer Customer Vehicle Quality
Company general information:
TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people. Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations. For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
From Automotive to a Mobility company
Toyota’s global long term vision is to deliver better, safer cars and mobility solutions for all, respecting the environment and enriching the communities in which we work and live.
For Toyota, quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for constant improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” (“continuous improvement”) and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customers satisfaction.
Customer Vehicle Quality is a vibrant and energetic team (25+ people), consisting of many nationalities from within Europe, as well as Japan. Our primary role is to resolve quality related concerns affecting the European markets. Additionally we also support many and varied markets where our European assembled vehicles are exported to, including countries outside the traditional European Region including Russia, North Africa, Middle East and Asia.
The role is focused on understanding field concerns, raised from our national markets. Through hands-on investigation and trend analysis, you will prioritise the quality concerns in the market.
In your role, you will be responsible to prevent the delivery of vehicles affected by these concerns to the market by taking appropriate action with the involved parties (R&D, In-House Manufacturing, Purchasing, Logistics, Suppliers, etc.). You are responsible to develop an appropriate countermeasure, ensure its timely implementation and define a repair method for the vehicle already produced.
In case some vehicles were already delivered to the final customer, you will be responsible to assess the risks linked to these quality concerns through the existing process and cooperation with the involved parties. You will propose, following your activity, how to develop a suitable pro-active repair strategy.
As responsible Engineer your role is to reduce critical technical items in a timely way, bringing a strong sense of satisfaction and fulfilment.
Building on your experience gathered through these activities, you will drive projects to apply Kaizen to our operations and to improve our cooperation with related divisions.
Education / Experience / Competence:
- Min. 4 years experience in similar function, for example, field service engineer, quality engineer or manufacturing engineer
- Good fact finding and analysis skills in order to draw conclusions from the gathered data and information
- Stress resistance and good personal organization competences in order to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Strong communication and negotiation aptitude in an assertive but diplomatic way in order to reach consensus and get buy-in
- Relevant education level, for example technical higher education or Bachelor / Master degree in Engineering (mechanical, electrical, automotive…)
- Willing to travel: 10 – 15% within Europe
- And last but not least, a passion for cars
- General mechanical / automotive knowledge
- Experience in manufacturing is an asset
- Knowledge and affinity with quality processes and tools is an asset
- Experience with technical problem diagnosis and problem solving is an advantage
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office tools
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
- Wish to develop and you are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets.
- Seek facts before making recommendations or decisions.
- Have strong planning and organization skills
- Enjoy working in a team, respecting others.
- Have a creative mind and passion for cars. (if relevant for function)
- Have excellent communication skills
We offer a dynamic and challenging multicultural work environment in which competence and quality play an important role. Enhancing personal growth and a real opportunity to invest in your future through on the job development and training. Where your effort, dedication and initiative are rewarded by a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package.