Sr Specialist IT Enterprise Architecture (Project Architect)
Company general information:
TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people. Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
Information systems (IS) is a truly Pan-European division with members in Toyota’s head office, manufacturing plants and country sales organizations. As IS, we contribute to every part of our business from vehicle design through A&F, manufacturing, purchasing to connected navigation and in-car services. The enterprise architecture (EA) department within Information Systems is responsible for supporting application development teams/projects with application, software and infrastructure architecture. EA also supports the developer community with collaboration, (software) development and testing tools. In addition, the team defines IT standards, reference architectures and technology roadmaps for major IT technologies such as cloud, business intelligence, identity management or mobile smartphone applications. Finally, the EA team is also responsible for master data management.
As “Project Architect” you will support application development teams with the definition of application, software and infrastructure architecture. You work with the application project team to understand the (business) requirements (functional and non-functional) and translate this into an architecture taking into account integrations with other applications and or infrastructure tools. You define and motivate technology choices and where required support their evaluation or assist in building and setting up proof-of-concepts. You communicate the software architecture with the project and development teams and with the different teams within our systems engineering department which are responsible for managing IT infrastructure (e.g. servers, network, security). You follow up the software implementation with the application development team throughout the SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) and ensure that what gets implemented is compatible with the defined architecture. Although the job may involve occasional software coding work, this should not be considered as the core activity (which is architecture evaluation and definition).
You have a keen interest in new IT technologies (cloud, mobile, BI, Java(Script)) and follow closely the IT trends in software and application development.
- You have had experience in cutting edge software developments and practises and through this experience have grown into an software / infrastructure architecture role.
- You have interest in and want to understand cloud based solutions (e.g. SAAS/PAAS, Azure and Amazon Cloud technologies, Kafka, Heroku).
- You understand the concepts of Identity & Authentication / Authorization Management.
- You understand the software development lifecycle (e.g. either Waterfall or Agile Scrum).
- You focus on Resource Oriented Architecture (research, evaluation and POC – Prove of Concept).
- You have understanding and initial experience with one or more of the following technologies: Java & Service Tiers (Spring / Hibernate), Data Tiers (JPA / JDBC / ODBC), Database solutions (RDBMS (Oracle, MS SQL, DB2) / MongoDB, ElasticSearch), Middleware (Camel, ActiveMQ, CXF), Enterprise Integration Patterns, RESTful web services / JSON / JMS.
- You understand development tooling (Maven, SVN, Confluence, JIRA, Bamboo…). Knowledge and/or experience with container technology (like Docker) is an asset.
- You are Fluent in English (TME business language), stress resistant and team player.
- You are a good communicator and capable of building consensus with other people in the organization.
- You are a professional with proven prior experience in a software development environment and/or in an enterprise architecture department.
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
- wish to develop and you are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets.
- seek facts before making recommendations or decisions.
- have strong planning and organization skills
- enjoy working in a team, respecting others.
- have excellent communication skills
- have a creative mind, a passion for cars, and a dream to make a difference
We offer a dynamic and challenging multicultural work environment in which competence and quality play an important role. Enhancing personal growth and a real opportunity to invest in your future through on the job development and training. Where your effort, dedication and initiative are rewarded by a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package.