Technical IT Lead Value Chain & Data Systems
Company general information:
TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
The Value chain & Data IS team at TME is responsible for building and/or maintaining Product Data applications throughout the European Region (40+ countries) for both Toyota and Lexus brand.
The team is currently running several large scale projects in order to establish a Pan E Data Foundation which is a pre-requisite for establishing a common Customer Experience Strategy across Europe.
- Technical lead and Quality assurance of all development activities related to Data Systems
- Understand ongoing activity for all the development efforts and make sure suppliers are working towards agreed direction and standards.
- Interface with the Enterprise architecture team to ensure standards remain relevant for ongoing and future projects.
- Maintain an overall view on quality of the Data Systems. Make sure there are no contradictory activities between the various teams. (keep eye on the global direction)
- Manage both internal and external ‘suppliers’, report on progress and evaluate performance frequently in terms of code quality, deliveries and professionalism.
- Make sure to do proper risk analysis for any and all releases.
- You are fluent in English (TME business language) and a strong communicator.
- You are able to mentor external developers in the adherence to Toyota technical direction and code standards.
- You are an experienced Project manager able to lead small/medium sized technical teams.
- You are able to translate functional and non-functional requirements in an application design.
- You have a master in Computer science or equivalent by experience in a similar position.
- You know about all mainstream cloud technologies and platforms. You are an expert in Agile development and DEVOPS (Development & Operations) principles.
- You have worked with and are able to implement continuous integration and overall quality & testing techniques.
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
- Wish to develop and you are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets
- Seek facts before making recommendations or decisions
- Have strong planning and organization skills
- Enjoy working in a team, respecting others
- Have a creative mind and passion for cars
- Have excellent communication skills
We offer a dynamic and challenging multicultural work environment, being part of a motivated HR team in which competence and quality play an important role. Enhancing personal growth and a real opportunity to invest in your future through on the job development and training.
Where your effort, dedication and initiative are rewarded by a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package (bonus scheme / extra-legal benefits (group insurance including a pension plan and risk benefits) / flexible working hours).