User Interface Designer (m/f/d) in Hanover
YOUR WORK ENVIRONMENT
At Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles, we are aiming to become a leader in the digital service for the future of mobility. In the heart of Hanover, we create innovative digital products in the field of commercial mobility solutions and work together to provide a seamless user experience for the customers. With an inspired, interdisciplinary and agile team we develop a fleet management system, ConnectFleet, which enables to effectively manage fleet vehicles. User experience (UX) means how to create intuitive and attractive products that people love to use. We want to learn and understand our users’ needs to gather insights that can be applied for the product strategy and design. Our UX team consists of strategists, researchers, and designers who are passionate about user centered design. We are currently searching for design professionals, who are motivated to develop our digital products together. Are you a creative design thinker and excited to be part of our team?
- Develop information architecture, user flow, wireframes, mockups and interactive prototypes for new products and features.
- High-quality Graphical User Interface (GUI) design skills.
- Professional knowledge about design systems: Color, Layout, Typography and UI components.
- Experience in collaborating with UX research team and multidisciplinary product teams on the technical implementation.
- Generating User-Insights and Conditions that influence the product.
- Conduct usability tests for applications and websites to enhance the user experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Interface Design, User Experience Design, Media Design, Visual Communication Design or Human Computer Interaction, related design field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in high-quality user interface designs for digital product development. (Interest in micro-interactions is an advantage)
- Understanding of user-centered design methods, rapid prototyping, and the difference between Android and iOS UX/ UI guidelines.
- Ability to communicate design concepts with interdisciplinary teams.
- Experience in the agile working process.
- Proficient with design software such as Sketch, Adobe creative suite, and InVision.
- Up-to-date in new UI trends and current design strategies.
- Proficient in English skills in reading and writing. Good knowledge of German (at least B1 level) is required.
- Please include URLs or a PDF file for a design portfolio in addition to resume. (Application without portfolio will not be considered.)