UX Designer (m/f/d) in the Software Development Center in Wolfsburg
YOUR WORK ENVIRONMENT
The Volkswagen Software Development Center (SDC) is part of the Volkswagen Group’s strategy to meet the challenges of digital transformation within the company. Digital services are becoming increasingly important in industry and society. Our declared goal is to fundamentally change the mobility experience of our users and support the Group on its way to become an integrated mobility service provider.
The philosophy of the Volkswagen Software Development Center represents a new form of cooperation throughout the company – agile and team-oriented. Together with a product owner, a product manager, software developers and a co-designer, you as a designer at the SDC ensure the best user experience for your digital product.
Your day begins with the Daily, in which you exchange the other team members about user stories that were completed the day before. User Needs and Customer Journeys, which you have gained from research, you provide unfiltered to the team, because your highest bid is to create user-centered designs. With Pen & Paper you express your creativity and wireframes help you to discuss your ideas with the team. Your work is based on design thinking and an iterative approach, because you are never satisfied with the first idea. Throughout the design process, you work side by side with a design colleague. In a pairing mode, you complement each other perfectly, learn from each other and bring different perspectives together. You discuss prototypes with PO and PM and together you decide which user requirements are relevant to the MVP and should be considered further.In pairing sessions with the developers, you can cast your pixel-perfect interfaces directly into shape and shine with CSS knowledge.
You finish your week with the team in a retro, in which you honestly reflect on the experiences of the week and make suggestions for improvement.
- Completed studies with focus on design or comparable education
- Several years of experience in digital product design and/or user experience design
- First professional experience in creative work within agile teams
- Know-how in the development process of a software product from beginning to end
- Knowledge of current trends in the mobile web, mobile applications and UX design
- Experience with design and prototyping tools (Axure, Sketchapp, InvisionApp, Adobe CC, etc.)
- Strong logical and analytical thinking skills
- Good English speaking skills