Software Developer Navigation (m/f/o)
Your working environment
The Electrical/Electronics Development department within the Development division (EE) at Volkswagen is responsible for a substantial part of the value chain. And navigation in today’s infotainment systems is one of the most complex and comprehensive features.
Automotive development is increasingly forcing a separation of software and hardware components in order to ensure controllability of the increasing complexity of the system. Large functional areas in particular, such as navigation, are affected by this shift, making it necessary for Volkswagen to enter into the realm of software architecture and development. If you want to help us shape the automotive future — then come aboard.
Specification, approval and verification of development scopes in the individual functional areas of navigation:
- Creation of functional specifications
- Creation of technical concepts in preparation for implementation
- Creation of functional software architecture for implementing the technical concepts
- Definition and management of work areas to support the technical tasks
- Support and management of suppliers
- Coordination with internal and external development partners
- Preparation of technical situations for decision-making before management
- Preparation and tracking of change requests in ongoing projects
- College/university degree in information technology or a comparable field of study
- Experience in the area of software development and architecture
- Knowledge in the field of navigation functions and data base systems
- Experience with the systems Doors, JIRA/Confluence etc.
- Fluent in business English