User Experience Designer
We are looking for passionate designers who want to co-create the future of software development along the digital transformation of Volkswagen. The Volkswagen Digital:Lab based in Berlin located directly at the river Spree in Friedrichshain is part of the Volkswagen group. We are dedicated to redefining the future of our customer’s mobility experiences and becoming a top of the line smart mobility service provider. Our goal is to create a new digital ecosystem beyond the scope of Volkswagen’s core business based on user needs and company goals. We believe in diversity and low hierarchies — from within our multidisciplinary and cross-functional teams to the way we collaborate with our external business partners. We are closely in touch with our customers and iterate quickly — using lean and agile principles.
Following are some of your responsibilities:
- Concept to launch — You lead, iterate and maintain products by translating complex problems into an inspiring and valuable user experience.
- Embrace collaboration — You embrace collaboration, feedback and work hands-on in multidisciplinary product teams.
- Visual design and prototyping — You create incredible visuals and rapid prototypes across various platforms and know how to conduct tests and turn user research into insights.
- Low effort, high impact — You innovate and iterate based on lean and agile principles and do what works.
- Be empathetic — You approach problems from an empathetic human-centered perspective and understand that we are emotional beings.
- Be humble — You are curious, eager to learn and want to work in a healthy environment with like-minded people.
You should possess the following qualifications:
- Pair and collaborate with product managers, engineers and designers in multidisciplinary product teams on technical implementation
- Design simple and elegant flows across a range of platforms in an iterative software development environment
- Give and receive feedback to continuously improve
- Strong knowledge in visual design and proficient with industry standard design tools (e.g. Sketch, InVision, …)
- You thrive in a collaborative and open environment where you can represent product design skills but share a balanced leadership of the project affinity for mobility industry
- At least two years of professional UX design experience or similar
- A degree in Design (Communication Design, Product Design, Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Human Computer Interaction) or a related field or equivalent practical experience